Story Mental Blank - What was meant to go here?

The opponent's team name sounds something different. :D lol.. Anyways, convincing win always make managers happy. And for my team, my team really frustrates me with series and series of losses. :mad:

You mean Oneoffthe*insert man part here* :D

Well you are in Division 3, you can't expect to many easy games.

League Standings

As it is half-way through the season I thought I would show you all how my season is progessing with some table updates.

FC Table

Tony's Hero's v Mental Blank - Tony's Hero's drew with Mental Blank
Mental Blank v Surrey downs CC - Mental Blank won by an innings and 191 runs
JTs Cowboys v Mental Blank - JTs Cowboys drew with Mental Blank
The Bald Beavers v Mental Blank - The Bald Beavers won by an innings and 2 runs
Mental Blank v Nyah west CC - Mental Blank won by 642 runs
chipper11 v Mental Blank - chipper11 won by 5 wickets
Mental Blank v Richlands CC - Mental Blank won by 661 runs​

OD Table

Western Eagles v Mental Blank - Western Eagles won by 9 wickets
Mental Blank v Carlton Hounds - Mental Blank lost by 205 runs
Whyalla norrie east CC v Mental Blank - Whyalla norrie east CC lost by 10 wickets
Mental Blank v The New Boonies - Mental Blank won by 247 runs
Mental Blank v mighty heroes - Mental Blank won by 62 runs
0wn3rs v Mental Blank - 0wn3rs lost by 10 wickets
Mental Blank v Oneoffthewrist - Mental Blank won by 9 wickets

BT20 Table

The Sunday Roast

"Now is the time where we launch our new segment, The Sunday Roast. The Sunday Roast is where we sit down a Mental Blank squad member and they are interviewed by their manager, rhcpfan. This segment may not be weekly but we hope you enjoy it anyway. So today the first player to be interviewed is Mental Blank captain, Martyn Lampard.

rhcpfan: Welcome along to the Show! I am sure you are honoured to be the first one on this program.

Martyn Lampard: Thanks boss. I am looking foward to being put the under the pump from you. *laughs*

RF: So how did you find the BT20 competition?

ML: It was really tough. We had a challenging group and we didn't do the greatest but 5th wasn't a bad result.

RF: What was the highlight of the tournament for you?

ML: My 119* in our first win for the tournament. I also enjoyed watching Basson and Stoltz carve in up against Sub Zero making 95* each.

RF: Now onto some other issues. You've scored the most OD runs for the club, 2322 in fact *cheers* but you haven't scored a hundred this season. Why do you think you haven?t fired in the OD comp?

ML: Well every time I have made a contribution I have just continued the good work the openers have done. I have come in at around the 25-30th over mark and haven?t had much time in the middle. I have scored 382 runs this season @ 95.5

RF: Fair enough. You have played the most OD games for the club, 54 in fact. Why have you stayed for so long?

ML: Because you need me :p. Because I am loyal, I want to be a one club player. I really enjoy captaining the side and I really loving hanging out with you and the boys :D

RF: You have a career strike-rate of 100. Most of the boys call you a destructive batsmen. Do you go out their trying to belt every ball?

ML: No. Most of them are just good cricketing shots. If it there I hit it.

Martyn Lampard at the crease in the One Day Format​

RF: Now onto more light-hearted issues. Green frogs or red frogs?

ML: Green.

RF: Rugby Union or Rugby League?

ML: League, all the way.

RF: Did you enjoy school?

ML: I didn?t mind it.

RF: And lastly pizza or fish and chips?

ML : I am Australian, so fish and chips.

RF: Well what a wonderful guest he has been today. He was the first Mental Blank player to be in the ?hot seat? and I think he has passed that pretty well. Ladies and Gentlemen, Mental Blank captain Martyn Lampard. So that is all the time we have left for today, we hope you can join us next week for edition 2 of ?The Sunday Roast?.

Innings Win Puts Mental Blank Into 4th Spot

25/3/08
Richlands CC vs Mental Blank

For this weeks FC match Richlands CC were the oppenent. They are a bot and we play them away from home. The home side won the toss on a green pitch and decided to bat first.

The home side never got going as the Mental Blank bowlers had a field day. None of their batsmen got going except for Kempson who made 34*. Dixon was the pick of the bowlers 3/26 off 12 overs. In the 35th over Richlands CC were bowled out for 81.

Mental Blank decided they better knock up 360 as quickly as possible and did so. Morrison a feeble/woeful/worthless batsmen made a lovely 136 :eek:. Stoltz his opening partner was 202* when the declaration came. Sayce was the only other batsmen to take the crease scoring 8*. Mental Blank 1/366 dec.

With victory for Richlands CC almost impossible now they tried to play for the draw, and failed miserably. This time they were bowled out for 86. Fenoughty ripped through the line-up taking 5-23 in an excellent display of fast-medium bowling.

Mental Blank won by an innings and 199 runs.

"Yeah obviously I am very happy with the win. I expected a big one and we got it. A great performance by all of the boys."

Your team situation is far far better than mines.. My club members confidence is pessimistic now :( And ya, congrats for the convincing win. :clap

Manager Dissapointed With Bowlers

28/3/08
Mental Blank vs Western Eagles

Western Eagles were always one of those oppenents that you didn't know what you were going to get. I've beaten them once but lost to them easily a couple of times. We were home and with our flat pitch I expected to rack up a decent score. Mental Blank won the toss and elected to bat first.

Fontaine and Dodds had a solid opening partnership of 72 before Fontaine was sent back to the pavillion by Kissock. Lampard joined Dodds and the pair batted beautifully until Lampard was caught in the deep. Pearse came and went quickly making 14. Sayce was out for a duck and Dunn (9*) and Fleetwood (14*) were the not out batsmen at the end of the innings. When the 50 overs were completed Mental Blank were 5/301.

Pearson and Speed took to the crease for the away side's innings. With a remarkable top-order it was always going to be hard to dislodge such quality batsmen. Both openers made hundreds and Chotai and Kidd ended it with 5 overs to go. Hadland was the only Mental Blank bowler to get any joy snaring 2/48 off 7.1 overs.

"I am very dissapointed with that loss. Our batsmen got us into a winnable situation but our bowlers were abysmal. Hadland was the only one to take wickets but Pearse who is also a very good bowler couldn't get any. Maybe we shouldn't have flat pitches, I don't know".

A confused manager after the game.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story now has 200 posts! :happy Thanks to everyone who has posted in it. I hope I can continue to improve and make this story even more popular/great.

:cheers

Nice story.Great presentation..And Must say Unique Concept.
Keep up the great Work.

A Quick Recap!

FC League Match

chipper11 - 256

Geldenhuys - 123*
Dixon - 4/106 (25)
Hadland - 3/25 (19)

Mental Blank - 8/496
Henry - 99
Pearse - 98
Geldenhuys - 3/55 (29)

chipper11 - 212
Geldenhuys - 108
Hadland - 7/24 (19)
Pearse - 1/26 (9)

Match Result - Mental Blank wins by an innings and 28 runs

OD Match
Carlton Hounds - 148

Benitez - 38
Hadland - 4/13 (10)
Shackell - 2/36 (9.5)

Mental Blank - 6/150
Lampard - 58
Beattie - 2/22 (5)
Mackin - 2/20 (5)

Match Result - Mental Blank win by 4 wickets

FC Match
Nyah west CC - 30

Hadland - 6/7 (9.5)
Pearse - 2/12 (8)

Mental Blank - 2/570dec.
Richardson - 156
Dodds - 236

Nyah west CC - 40
Dixon - 4/16 (10)
Hadland - 3/0 (4)

Match Result - Mental Blank win by an innings and 500 runs

OD League Match
Whyalla norrie east CC - 9/167

Hudson - 49*
Faulkner - 4/40 (10)
Dixon - 2/26 (10)

Mental Blank - 1/169
Stoltz - 108*
Basson - 31
Hudson - 1/19 (7)

Match Result - Mental Blank won by 9 wickets

Last edited:
OMG !! :eek: your's reporters summary telling. that you will kill me this Sunday :( Will be great match though i hope :)

Mental Black is doing preety good at the Moment.
Great Update.Keep Up The Great Work.

Im a little dissapointed there is no review of our match :(

Sorry for no updates. Here is a slight summary of my games.

FC Game: Mental Blank vs The Bald Beavers

Mental Blank - 1st innings - 184
The Bald Beavers - 1st innings - 761
Mental Blank - 2nd Innings - 143

A dominant Bald Beavers side ran all over Mental Blank bowling them out for 184. Mcauley snagging 8/35. The Bald Beavers then went onto score a mammoth 761 runs. Faulkner took 4 wickets and Hadland three. It then only took 76.1 overs for The Bald Beavers to bowl Mental Blank out for 143 as they away side secured victory.

Match Result: The Bald Beavers win by an innings and 434 runs.

OD Game: The New Boonies vs Mental Blank

Mental Blank - 3/370 (50 overs)
The New Boonies - 93 (26.2 overs)

Dodds (114) and Richardson (112) both went and scored centuries as Mental Blank cruised to their highest ever score in a OD game, 3/370. Lampard also played nicely for 70*. Dunn made another 50. The New Boonies were the never in the game falling to 6/83. They were eventually bowled out for 93. Everyone bowled well but Shackell was the best taking 3/3 off 3 overs.

Match Result: Mental Blank wins by 277 runs.

NO review from our match :eek: :( it was one of my best match :)

Users who are viewing this thread