Story Mental Blank - What was meant to go here?

You shouldn't worry about comments. The story forum has been very quiet recently but I think it is beginning to pick up again. Just keep up the good work and remember that some of the best stories don't have to be very complex with graphics. Just keep it going how it is and this will be a major sucess :)

Bot Smashed, Happy Manager!

26/2/08
Mental Blank vs Nyah west CC

Our FC match was going to be played against a bot :happy at home :happy. So my plans were to extend the game for the whole three days to get three days worth of gate reciepts and we did just that! We won the toss and elected to bat first on a belter of a batting deck.

It was Richardson and Basson opening the innings and Richardson departed for 82. Basson and Sayce (164) then put on a 301 run partnership to put the sword through Nyah west CC. Henry (142) was the other century scorer. Basson blitzed the attack all across the park, scoring 32 fours and 5 sixes :eek:. He ended up breaking his own record for highest individual score in a FC game going to 362 - A marvellous effort that! We closed the innings on 5/851.

In reply Nyah west CC suprisngly put a bit of a fight up. It was actually there tail that was sticking out. Mr E. Xtras (Get it? I am hilarous :D) was the second highest scorer and their number 10 batsmen scoring 45. Dixon carved their line-up taking 6/58 off 24 overs.

I then told the boys to go back out there and go an attack their way to a score of 100 and they did just that. Basson added another 68 to his mammoth first innings score of 362. We declared on 0/102 setting them a tiny victory target of 740 :p

They never even got close to it, the away side was bowled out for an abysmal 98. Faulkner was the standout of the bowlers taking 4-17 off 13.2 overs.​

Mental Blank won by 642 runs​

"That was a great performance by us. Basson was brilliant in the first innnings, reminded me a bit of myself when I was playing :cool:. We are still coming 5th and I think that shows how close this competition is, we need to win next week against chipper11."

Post match speech.​

Mighty Heroes Aren't So High & Mighty

29/2/08
Mental Blank vs mighty heroes

Today I was confident, confident I could get a win. We were playing mighty heroes who aren't the best of sides but they could of turned a upset if I wasn't careful. We won the toss and elected to bat first.

Stoltz and Sayce got the innings off the to best of starts. The two combined for a 253 run opening stand which will surely feature in the minds of fans in years to come. Van zeeland ended the partnership when Sayce was caught for 107, his first ever OD hundred. Stoltz went quickly after that, also making his first ever OD hundred and he didn't waste the oppourtunity scoring a brilliant 145. The two strongest batsmen in the side, Dunn (44*) and Lampard (63*) then combined to play out the innings. Both batsmen were scoring at around a strike-rate of 170 :eek:.​

Mental Blank - 2/364

mighty heroes knew they had a lot of work to do in their chase and they were on the verge of completing a upset victory. Crane (71) stood out for the away side until he was stumped off the bowling of Shackell. Foulkes also played nicely for his 82. The opening stand lasted 129 but, nothing ever matched that effort. Shackell was as usual great for the home side taking 3/51 off 9.1 overs. Faulkner, however was the best of the bowlers snaring 5/47 off 9 overs - his second career 5-fer. The run rate eventually came to much for mighty heroes, it came up around 15 an over towards the final ten overs. The run chase ended with mighty heroes being bowled out for 302 in the 49th over.

mighty heroes - 302 all out

"Today was a good day for us. We batted superbly but our bowling as a whole wasn't quite like I expected it. Stoltz, Sayce, Faulkner and Shackell were all brilliant and Lampard and Dunn backed them up nicely. A great win."

After game speech

Match Result - Mental Blank won by 62 runs
Mental Blank is still coming 3rd in the OD competition

Also we only had one pop this week. Fontaine to competent stamina.

Still, you can try for that first position in OD table to get some big cash :) Atleast, your team is better than mine when comes to the OD games. I am struggling hard to maintain my 6th position during the end of this season. :p

Keep up the amazing efforts you put in this story! :hpraise

Nice batting, bowlers were lucky to keep them to ONLY 300:p

Nice update LH!

Furious Manager Slams Players

4/3/08
chipper11 vs Mental Blank

For this week's FC match we travelled to Turner Stadium to face chipper11, we had beaten this side before but it seemed like they had improved a fair bit so I put out the Best XI I could muster. chipper11 won the toss and elected to bat.

It didn't seem like the greatest of moves when the home side got bundled out for 297. (which by the end of the game looked like a good score) Geldenhuys played beautifully for his 146 but the next highest scorer only made 41. Hadland was the standout bowler, taking 3/41 off 20 overs.

We got five overs before the end of the first days play and Fontaine fell for 2. The score went to 4/17 with Fontaine, Dodds, Lampard and Pearse all back in the hut. Dunn and Richardson led the fight-back but it did last as long as we wanted. Dunn made 57 and Richardson 44. Geldenhuys (5/12 off 11 overs) was the best of the bowlers for chipper11. Mental Blank were eventually bowled out for a woeful 146.

Mental Blank were sent in again as chipper11 were going for an outright win. The opening stand lasted 81 runs but it kinda went downhill from there. Pearse was the only one to make a half-century and top scored with 57. Geldenhuys was again the destroyer taking 4/8 off 9.1 overs. The away side was bowled out for a 231 leaving only 81 for victory.

Chipper11 got the runs required, but it wasn?t all smooth sailing in the process. Geldenhuys was the only one to make a serious contribution making 61* out of the required 81, the next highest scorer was Thatcher with 9*. Chipper11 lost 5 wickets chasing 81.

Chipper11 won by 5 wickets.

?That was absolute garbage. I expected better than that from my players. I thought with our best XI we could defeat them, obviously not. Geldenhuys (50K BTR All rounder) was the difference and I am sure without him in the team we would have won. We are in danger of being demoted now ? we must win most of our return fixtures.

Oh dear a very poor performance by your boys. You were right to be angry with them. I'm expecting a report about our friendly as your most loyal fan :p

Own3rs = Owned!

7/3/08
Own3rs vs Mental Blank

For this weeks OD match we were travelling to Own3rs CG to take on Own3rs. It was a green pitch so four quick men were included into the side with star man Hadland playing as well. We won the toss on a partially cloudy day and elected to field.

It wasn't long till the first wicket fell. Mcleod bowled Hangana for a fifth ball duck. The score was at 4/28 but a recovery by Crouch and Mpho was staged but that didn't last long as Mpho was another one of Mcleod's victims (4/34 off 10 overs). Dixon also had great figures with 3/18 off 5 overs. Own3rs were bowled out for 102 in the 27th over.

Richardson and Basson were the only required men in the chase. Both were very quick to knock off the target and did so in 16 overs. Richardson (49*) and Basson (52*) had 9 fours between them and even though they were going a 6.5 runs per over they were still playing sensible cricket shots. The 10 wicket win was a fine effort and every one from the Mental Blank camp was pleased.

"That was a great performance. I am very much pleased about today's game. Mcleod and Dixon bowled us into a great position and to see Richardson and Basson go out and attack from the first ball was enjoyable. I am very happy about how we went about a cricket today."

Mental Blank won by 10 wickets
MOTM - Basson
Mental Blank occupy third spot on the OD Ladder.​

Suprise New Section

Today manager rhcpfan said there were whispers around the club about a new segment for their story. "I am very exicted to annouce a new segment but it is under closed doors for now."

When squad member Ted Basson was quizzed about the new section of the story he said "Really? I didn't think our manager had that much time :D. I hoenstly have no idea what it is but I am exicted about it!"​

A great suspense about the new section. :) Looking forward to it. Well regarding the FC game, my team also had a similar run like yours(batsmen failed to come out with their best) :(

As always, fantastic efforts in this story continues... Keep it up! :hpraise

Basson Belts Bot

11/3/08
Mental Blank vs Richlands CC

This week's FC match we were scheduled to play Richlands CC at home. To try and extend the match out for the whole three days I thought I would bat for a long time and bowl some of my batsmen. We won the toss on a flat pitch and elected to bat.

Stoltz was the first man to go for 13. Three batsmen made hundreds but Ted Basson by far was the standout scoring a new club high of 452. 36 fours and 4 sixes came in his knock. Caledera also played brilliantly for 144. Mental Blank declared their first innings on 7/901.

In reply Richlands CC put up a fight but it wasn't great enough to overturn the huge deficit. Coppinger, the number 9 batsmen, top-scored with 63. Faulkner was the pick of the bowlers taking 3/9 off 15.2 overs, a marvellous effort. Richlands CC were eventually bowled out for 263.

Making sure the game lasted three days I told the boys to go back an bat again. Stoltz once again went early but Lampard and Basson played out till we declared on 190. Basson peeling off another fine century, his third for the season.

Needing 827 runs to win was always going to be a uphill battle and it showed. Faulkner (4/19 off 21 overs) was again the stand out and Mcleod (2/47 off 13.4 overs) backed him up well. After 72.4 overs Richlands CC were bowled out and victory's was Mental Blank!

"That was a marvellous performance. Basson was brilliant and smashed them. We are only just behind 4th spot now so that is very promising. I am very happy with the way we have played today."​

Convincing Win = Happy Manager

14/3/08
Mental Blank vs Oneoffthewrist

For today's OD match Oneoffthewrist were travelling to The Music Room to play an awesome side (:p) in Mental Blank. The pitch as usual was flat and Oneoffthewrist one the toss and elected to bowl first.

Dixon and Faulkner were the opening bowlers and between their 20 overs together only went for 86 runs, a effot I was mighty pleased with. Hadland was strong as usual taking 2/13 off his 7 overs. Shackell was very tidy, 1/35 off 10 and Pearse was the pick of the bowlers grabbing 4/22 off 7.1 overs. In the 45th over Oneoffthewrist were bowled out for an abysmal 157.

The chase was made to look pretty easy but the only stumbling block was Dodds who was bowled for 1. Fontaine (82*) and Lampard (77*) were the not out batsmen when the winning runs were hit in the 23rd over.

"That was a solid performance. It wasn't long ago this team was giving us a touch-up, now we are turning the tables on them! All of the boys played well and we deserved to win this one."

MOTM: Fontaine
Mental Blank win by 9 wickets and are in 3rd spot in the OD Ladder.

In Other News

Mental Blank beat Muireston in a friendly match last weekend. Stoltz was man of the match with 84 as Mental Blank won by 63 runs.

The opponent's team name sounds something different. :D lol.. Anyways, convincing win always make managers happy. And for my team, my team really frustrates me with series and series of losses. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread