Story Mental Blank - What was meant to go here?

1) Do you think this story should continue? well i personally am going through the same issue thinking i am getting very little comments but am continuing, if you enjoy it continue it
2) What would you like added to it? same as you said maybe more images and gfx
3) Should I start a thread if you answered yes to Q1? if you are going to start another story NOT A BATTRICK ONE (no offense)

Great to see you back mate :happy

Excellent start to the new season as also now I have started Battrick I might understand it a bit more ;)

Gutsy Draw Provides Mental Blank With A Mixed Start​

29/1/08

With Tony's Hero's as the opponent for our first FC fixture we were really keen to put on a really good performance. So because of that I decided to put my best line-up to try and get a victory, however Michael Fenoughty was chosen to play despite not being in the regular XI. The pitch was uneven and Tony's Hero's won the toss and decided they wanted to have a bat first.

Mental Blank had bowled themselves into a marvellous position by taking all ten of Tony's Hero's wickets for less than 360. (the required run mark for first innnings batting points) The home side was dismissed for 330. Hadland ripped apart their batting taking a mammoth 7/40 off 28 overs. Pearse also bowled nicely for his 2/49. Kidd was the only batsmen to show any serious resistance posting a delightful century, scoring 142 runs off 301 balls faced.

In reply Mental Blank couldn't muster up such a good effort. They were bowled out for a woeful 209 runs. Pearse was the shining light notching 43* before the tail collapsed on him. The next highest score was Dodds with 33. Ryan was the main destroyer with the ball taking 5/31 off 14 overs. He was well supported by Barnard who took 4/30 off 15.3 overs bowled.

Tony's Hero's set out to try and get some quick runs but some good bowling restrained them from doing that. Hadland and Shackell both took two wickets each and when the score was on 6/202 the home team's captain decided that was enough and called his batsmen from the field.

The task for Mental Blank was 323 runs from 82 overs. That is an average of 3.9 runs per over. Basson went about his bussines really slowly and took him 65 balls for his 12 runs. Lampard played very nicely for his 67, coming off 100 balls. The game looked like it was going to be a draw but then Sayce (68*) and Pearse (68) combined to put some hope of a result but as the overs dwindled down some power hitting was required and then the run rate got out of hand. Pearse lost his wicket on the last ball of the day. The match ended in a draw.

"We came here hoping for a win but if we couldn't get a result then I guess a draw was always going to better than a loss. Hadland bowled really well in the first innings to set us up for a win but the batsmen couldn't settle in. Sayce and Pearse were good at the end because they stopped us from loosing the game. We will need to improve if we want to get in the Top 2 of this competition".

My post match talk

Reporter's Summary and Crowd Attendances.

Could I get the current poll removed please? Thanks

Last edited:
So close to win this match. Just your team collapsed in their 1st innings orelse they would have won this one comfortably.

Wow, this was a close finish. Terrific comeback though after that batting display in first innings. :) Good luck for the next game :thumbs

You were unlucky not to get the win there mate. I wish my BT team was as good as yours. Your presentation already is a lot better than before and remember, that challenge offer is still there for when you get knocked out the cup (I already am :mad)

(I already am :mad)

@ Tom : No team is great in very first season. Some teams have luck to get few(1 or 2) high skilled players in default squad itself.. Apart from that, we the managers had to develop the strength right from scratch.

So Tom, never loose confidence even if you loose.. My team took almost around 7 friendlies to get its first win in friendly matches. Ofcourse, those matches were against all the biggest teams. Syl struggled a lots the whole season and he is having a great run these days. So it happens to everyone.

@ Tom : No team is great in very first season. Some teams have luck to get few(1 or 2) high skilled players in default squad itself.. Apart from that, we the managers had to develop the strength right from scratch.
I got very lucky, 1 strong batter, 1 proficient bowler.

Quick Update - Recap games

OD League Match - Western Eagles vs Mental Blank

Mental Blank - 233
Dunn - 87*
Pearse - 69
Mcguire - 5/50 (9.5)

Western Eagles - 1/234
Pearson - 111*
Chotai - 100*
Hadland - 1/21 off (5.1)

Result - Western Eagles won by 9 wickets

Cup Match - The Lucky Ones vs Mental Blank

Mental Blank - 5/329
Dodds - 142
Caledera - 52
Wikus - 3/91 (10)

The Lucky Ones - 104
Poole - 61
Faulkner - 3/32 (7)
Bradshaw - 3/17 (5)

Result - Mental Blank win by 225 runs

FC Match - Mental Blank vs Surrey downs CC

Mental Blank - 1/406
Stoltz - 206*
Caledera - 126
Henry - 63*

Surrey downs CC - 124
Webb - 31
Dixon - 4/37 (20)
Mcleod - 2/14 (14)

Surrey downs CC - 91
Kampa - 23
Dixon - 4/17 (12)
Faulkner - 3/30 (15.5)

Result - Mental Blank won by an innings and 191 runs

OD League Match - Mental Blank vs Carlton Hounds

Carlton Hounds - 4/276
Keil - 135
Lewins - 80
Hadland - 1/33 (10)

Mental Blank - 71
Dunn - 31*
Draadkar - 3/15 (6.4)
Oddy - 2/7 (2)

Result - Carlton Hounds win by 205 runs

League Tables

OD League Table

FC League Table

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Sorry for no updates.

Sad to see that you lost both the OD matches but great to see that you won by an innings in the FC match.

Very tight competition for you in FC, leftie.. good luck :thumbs

Wombats Destroyed By Their Own Bats, As Mental Blank Go Through To The Next Round

10/2/08

It was a cup match against a very strong bot side. (Their best player had a Battrick Rating of 120k :eek:) Mental Blank were playing Womabats at their home ground and we knew were in with a chance.

Richardson and Dodds were the opening pair and had a great stand of 82, even though they didn't go gun-ho, they rotated the strike and this laid the platform for smashing later in the innings. Richardson went for 40. Lampard scored at almost a-run-a-ball to get to 46 when the score was on 2/172. Dodds was a class above making a brilliant century (104 runs off 133 balls) he scored 11 fours in his knock. Mental Blank ended their 50 overs on 6/261.

Wombats openers started their innings well placing Faulkner and Bradshaw into the gaps, leaving both of those two wicket-less. After their opening stand they collapsed going from 0/70 to all out for 130. Hadland and Pearse where the stars of the show, taking 4/6 (5) and 4/29 (7.5) respectively. Shackell supported them well taking 2/16 (4). They were eventually dismissed for 130, leaving Mental Blank to win by 131 runs.

That means Mental Blank plays Vick's 11 in the next round of the Cup.

Also, on another note Mental Blank did not recieve any pops on Training today

lol, its very rate to find such a high BTR bot.. may be he could come to my team :D And congrads Leftie for the win... I also passed to next round :) though I am getting screwed in FCs and ODs in Div III :p

Users who are viewing this thread