Story Mental Blank - What was meant to go here?

Stop complaining about no friendly reports! I might do something but not too much.

Transfer News

22/4/08
By Mr. G.E Rotewell

Today it has been reported that Mental Blank manager rhcpfan signed two new batsmen today. When asked about how they were he said "They are both very strong players. I expect they will be experience to the club as they aren't the youngest fellas around *laughs*". He said. He also had to say "I have been saving up for a long time and I was never one to spend big but I finally did it, I had to. We needed some more batsmen and I spent the money required to get the signatures."

The skills of the players have been suspected that they are around:

Dev Byron - 26 yo, BT Rating=7,290
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, strong batting form, respectable bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: mediocre

He is also reportedly on a 1 season deal worth 1,720 pounds per week.

Huw Vanat (460580)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, respectable bowling form, sublime fitness.
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

He is also on a one season deal worth 2000 pounds per week.

When rhcpfan was quizzed on whether he was going to make anymore purchases he said this: "We are a little bit low on money at the moment. With the money I used to buy these players I don't think we would have enough to buy more players. I would personally like another fast bowler to add to my line-up but that might have to wait till next season".

Their has also been whispers around the club that certain players might be asked to leave. The suspected names are Justin Stolz, Jim Henry and Michael Fenoughty believe their position at the club isn't wanted anymore.

I would like you to do a report on our game this week :)

Good update

I think I am going to revive this story. Look for updates soon :)

I'm Back!

After this lazy manager "went away on holiday" his team were looking for him and why he was still managing the virtual side from his computer but wasn't posting information in this story thread. He made excuses like "too much school work" etc but now he is black and some say in black!

A excellent youth-pull was made in the break and here he is:

Aaron Angel - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,261
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime fitness.
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Mr. Angel is an angel on and off the field, always helping batsmen out when they get hit in strange areas. Trained on 1x stamina, 1xbowling.

Also a certain Malcolm Stanton has come along way, though we can't show you his stats as he is in the running for the U19 side.

-----

So here we are, Mental Blank are back and hopefully better than ever!

B Team Shines Against Woeful Opponent
Mental Blank win by an innings and 12 runs

MOTM - Captain Martyn Lampard with 132. (Yes I know it is Ponting but I don't have membership like Griffo. :p

AJ Slazenger vs Mental Blank

On a sunny day and a Hard and Fast pitch, AJ Slazenger won the toss and elected to bat. It all started horribly the home side falling to 3/54 and it didn't get any better. Alshaun (53 off 199) and Hitish - the number 8 batsmen (45* off 118) were the only ones to give any resistance. Dixon finished with 4/51 off 29.3 overs. Un-trained youth pull Dominic Noble in his second game bagged 2 wickets for 53 runs bowling 20 overs in the process.

Dodds went quickly after being run out for 11. Fontain and Lampard then put on a 207 run partnership before Fontain was bowled by Rheams. Lampard was also bowled by Rheams on 132. Richardson (68* off 111) and Basson (55* off 73) played sensibly till captain Martyn Lampard declard on 3/401.

It started badly for AJ Slazenger as they lost their first three wickets for less than 50. At the end of the second days play they were 4/84. Unfortunately for them Alshaun and Hitish couldn't fight back this time with Theakston the highest scorer making 67* off 145. Faulkner stood out with 3/50 off 19 overs. AJ Slazenger were bowled out for 149 leaving Mental Blank an inning and 12 run winners.

The annoying thing about this week's FC game was that it was away leaving Mental Blank without some cash. This weeks OD is also away.

---------------------------

AJ Slazenger (1st Innings) - 240 all out
Alshaun 53
Dixon 4/51
Faulkner 2/45

Mental Blank (1st Innings) - 3/401 declared
Lampard 132
Fontaine 127
Rheams 2/57

AJ Slazenger (2nd Innings) - 149 all out
Theakston 67*
Faulkner 3/50
Shackell 2/24​

Last edited:
Zackzoids smashed by a much better team
Mental Blank win by 10 wickets

MOTM - Dodds playing a crushing shot through the leg-side.

It was a sunny day that greeted us a zackzoids CG. For the second time in a week Mental Blank were playing an away game, however that did not faze as they knew that zackzoids would be an team that could be beaten if 100% was put in. Mental Blank won the toss on an uneven pitch and elected to field first.

Bradshaw and Noble took the new ball and wasted no time. Aaron was trapped lbw for a dismal 14 ball duck. Bradshaw continued his good start when he bowled Laidlaw for 7 from 16 deliveries. Noble bowled his 10 overs straight and finished with 2/31. Mcleod came on a bowled tightly for his 5 overs with 2/9. Stanton knocked over Fanyana after a 41 ball stay for just 11 runs. He ended his 3 overs with figures of 3/1.

The run chase was painless ? for Mental Blank that is. The away side knocked over the runs in 6.2 overs without loosing a wicket. Dodds unleashed his attack scoring 39* from 21 which included 6 fours. Which on average is a four every 3.5 balls! Other opener Huw Vanat supported Dodds very well with 21* from 23 balls. The bowling figures didn?t look to good for the home side, Vincent was wicket-less and conceded 33 runs in 3.2 overs.

Once again the win was much appreciated by the coaching staff. ?It was great to see some out of form players get some runs or wickets today. I hope to experiment with the line-up in games like this in the future. We are also happy to win by a big margin because that will do our average Net Run Rate some good.? Manager rhcpfan said after the game.

--------------------------------------------------------

zackzoids (1st Innings) ? 59 all out (26 overs)
Fanyana 11
Stanton 3/1
Bradshaw 2/9

Mental Blank (2nd Innings) ? 0/60 (7.2 overs)
Dodds 39*
Vanat 21*
Allanson 0/27

Match Result: Mental Blank win by 10 wickets

Last edited:
Lol way to steal my lay out, COPYRIGHT

It was what I based it on, plus it look soooooooooo good! :p

What if I used a different font?

Not worried, my story wont go for that long as once school is back ill stop lol

My will probably go down that course as well. Hard thing is doing anything besides the match reports.

Training Update

Carl Fleetwood - 18 yo, BT Rating=8,880
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

This weeks only pop (Besides Stanton). A supporting one to his batting skill.

Why are you training an 18 year old resp that is ridiculously stupid

lol easy win. KUTGW lefty.. I'm likeing this story... its making me wonder if I should start up battrick again for the 3rd or 4th time.

Users who are viewing this thread