Editing Rosters

999buddy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thought I'd make a new thread as I've found some of the abilites in the roster file (Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\User.dat) that might be helpful for modders (I can't program at all btw)

Firstly, near the start of the file there seems to be a list of the data and its order in the file - it goes:

Armguard
Batting Gloves
Batting Pads

Batting Hand
Batting Judgement
Batting Placement
Batting Running Speed
Batting Strength
Batting Timing

Boundries Count?
Bowled Count?
(Unsure as to what these mean, maybe user or real statistics)

Bowling Accuracy
Bowling Action
Bowling Arm
Bowling Cut/Drift
Bowling Inswing/Off Spin
Bowling Outswing/Leg Spin
Bowling Pace (Good news :D)
Bowling Style

Catch count (another possible statistic)

DOB
Ethnicity

Fast Delivery Count (?)

Fielding Outfield Catching
Fielding Reflex Catching
Fielding Running Speed
Fielding Throwing Accuracy
Fielding Throwing Distance

Hat
Head Model
Height
Helmet

After this, things become in more of a random order. As Listed:

LBW Count
ODI Something(possibly career stats, file is not clear)
ODI/T20 Squad Number
ODI Bat
Perfect Shot Count (?)
Person Type (?)
Player 1st Name
Player ID
Player Last Name
Player Type(? - possibly bowler/batsmen/all-rounder etc.)
Run Count
Shoes
Sleeves (Long/Short?)
Spoof 1st Name
Spoof Last Name
Sunblock
Sunglasses
Team Name
'Test' Something
Test Bat
Test Squad Number
Total Skill Points Allowed?
'T20' Something
World Cup Squad Number (Used for ODI Comps?)
Career Stats of some kind (It says 'meCareerStats' several times)
Next come some general stats:
Balls
Balls Faced
Bowling Best
Catches
Fifties
Five Wicket Hauls
Highest Score
Hundreds
Innins
Maidens
Matches
Not Outs
Runs
Runs Against
Stumpings

Then some team related data - this may just be an order for another part of the file:
Games Played
Games Won
Name

"Squad ODI"
"meSquad"
"Squad Test"
"meSquad"
"Squad T20"
"meSquad"
-these may be data that allows you to reset the team squads (e.g squad ODI is the original, meSquad is the ingame edited version)

Captain Player ID
Squad player IDs(listed twice - ?)
Keeper Player ID

Then User Settings, Test Profile (?)

All of these data names have numbers (in hex) after them - maybe these provide offsets of some kind or other info?
Another look at these suggest they may be heplful - the numbers seem to vary in small amounts (4,8 or similar) from one data name to the next

I'll now look into fiddling and comparing edited files to find more:

Initial experiments with changing Tendulkar's skills in game (bat timing -1, bowl acc +1) worked exactly how they should, with two numbers changing 1 as expected :)

More info to be added in a minute :)

As written further down this page, a quick glance at the ps3 file shows it seems to be almost the same, except there is some more random stuff at the beginning of the pc file -
Great news for console users - An editor looks very possible :D

Sorry for the long post,
Hope the info is helpful :)
Rob

Last edited:
The difficulty is that the attributes aren't at set offsets and the number of bytes per player varies. Here's what I've managed to do so far:

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-07 20-15-20-87.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-07 20-15-20-87.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 589
I see what you mean :)
How difficult do you think it will be to work out how to edit the file properly?

I'll still complete the first post for others though :)

Oh it's still possible to write an editor. Just have to spend a lot longer on the coding and checking.
I'm writing my file in this format with relative offsets and maximum lengths: (max lengths are approximate)

Code:
16 bytes (armguard + other stuff [4 bytes of interest])
<40 bytes (batting gloves)
<32 bytes (batting pads)
Then 68 bytes (bat hand, bat judgement, bat placement, bat running speed, bat strength, bat timing, boundaries count, bowled count, bowling accuracy, bowling action, bowling arm, bowling cut drift, bowling inswing offspin, bowling outswing legspin, bowling pace, bowling style, catch count)
from byte after batting pads ends:
5 - bat judgment
9 - bat placement
13 - bat running speed
17 - bat strength
21 - bat timing
33 - bowl accuracy
37 - bowl action
41 - bowl arm
45 - bowl swing/cut
49 - bowl inswing/drift
53 - bowl outswing/drift
57 - bowl pace
61 - bowl style (00 - fast, 01 - FM, 02 - LS, 03 - medium, 04 - MF, 05 - offspin, 06 - slow)
65 - bowl hand (00 - left, 01 - right)
69 - ? always 10 (0A) (poss marking end)

8 bytes - DOB
from 0
1 - ethnicity (00 - black, 01 - asian, 02 - white)
9 - outfield catching
13 - reflex catching
17 - running speed
21 - throwing accuracy
25 - throwing distance
Head then
from 0 (ODI stats)
13 - ?
17/18 - balls bowled
21/22 - Balls faced
25 - ?
29 - BBI (YTB is for non bowlers)
From 0
1/2 - caught
5/6 - 50s
9/10 - 5 fors
13/14 - ?
53 - HS (can be 1 byte or 4 bytes)
From 0
1 - 100s
5 - Innings
9 - Maidens
13 - Matches
17 - Not outs
21/22 - runs scored
25/26 - runs conceded
29 - stumpings
33 - 
37 - wickets
41 - shirt number
45 - stop indicator
test bat
from 0
1 - squad number
5 and 6 - skill points available

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-07 20-41-12-23.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-07 20-41-12-23.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 334
Oh it's still possible to write an editor. Just have to spend a lot longer on the coding and checking.

Colin, you must understand I have absolutley no idea about writing editors or anything... BUT

As the roster's for computer are in a file called USER.dat, and the same is so for the PS3, is it possible to write an editor for both?

As the roster's for computer are in a file called USER.dat, and the same is so for the PS3, is it possible to write an editor for both?

I've looked at the file you posted in the other thread, and it seems to be almost the same, except the pc file has some more random stuff at the start - I think the player data is stored in the same way, so it looks very promising for a ps3 editor :D

First post updated :)

Last edited:
If the files have the same name and extension, they may well have the same format - can you upload the file, so I can have a look?

First post updated :)

Sure thing! Please let me know of anything I can do to help!

It could be any of theese two, dont know which one!

Attachments

• USER.rar
    42.4 KB · Views: 138
  • USRSTAT.rar
    44 KB · Views: 100
An editor looks very possible :O you guys are the best :D.

Anything else I can do just lemme know :D

I want to edit files too. I got some knowledge of programming as I am just learning by myself(gonna take courses on computers later on after I am out of High School).
@Barmyarmy - what is the first thing you do? I got userstat.dat file. I tried to open it up with notepad to just peek in to see what it is and then I opened it up with a hex editor. Maybe I am not right. But what is the first thing to do? I really want to help.
Also, collingwood can you please reupload the "User" file as this one is corrupted or can you just upload your whole saved game? because it will have everything including saved roster, settings, etc. I didn't get my copy of the game yet.

Last edited:
I'm adding stuff into my post as I go. Am going to have a go at editing licensed equipment next...

yes man go for it, you are our hope :hpraise. make this game the best game ever and please try to stop AI middle order from going crazy if you know what i mean :help :help

I am working on the roster from last 4 days . The sad thing is that the number of bytes in each players are different so when you run a loop to read the data or write the data, it doesn't work.

However, I am able to crack many things like
Skill points,
Highscore
Abilities
Test Records
ODI records
Bowling type
batting hand
Player ID
Team ID

and few more...

I have prepared an editor which currently edits the created players externally and i am still wotking for the players.

Using a hex editor, I am able to edit almost 75% of the things but just trying to convert my logic into a Gui application.

Last edited:
I am working on the roster from last 4 days . The sad thing is that the number of bytes in each players are different so when you run a loop to read the data or write the data, it doesn't work.

However, I am able to crack many things like
Skill points,
Highscore
Abilities
Test Records
ODI records
Bowling type
batting hand
Player ID
Team ID

and few more...

mate, cant you do anything about AI game play

mate, cant you do anything about AI game play
I haven't tried it yet but I think it wouldn't be possible via Roster. However, the settings like sound settings, gameplay option are editable I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread