Editing Rosters

If I explain this in simple terms each pair of numbers is a byte and you get the offset (usually given in decimal not hex) from the column and row. The RH side numbers are in hex and the LH side are in ASCII (letters/numbers/symbols etc)
For example Collingwood's DOB the first byte is at offset E266 and reads 0A (2 in ASCIl).
Using what I posted:

8 bytes - DOB
from 0
1 - ethnicity (00 - black, 01 - asian, 02 - white)
9 - outfield catching
13 - reflex catching
17 - running speed
21 - throwing accuracy
25 - throwing distance

Edit: positions seem to be slightly different for PS3 based on what you've posted.

We can see which bytes to change after the DOB. So for Collingwood:

8 bytes - DOB
from 0
4 - ethnicity (00 - black, 01 - asian, 02 - white) = 02
12 - outfield catching = 4B = 75
16 - reflex catching = 4B = 75
20 - running speed = 5F = 95
24 - throwing accuracy = 46 = 70
28 - throwing distance = 41 = 65

Maximum hex value to put is 64 (100 in decimal).
I'd advise a nice hex editor like hackman which has a decent interface, compare function etc. Here's a screen of what I see:

Attachments

• hackman.jpg
    hackman.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 79
I've released the first version of my update pc roster (Only England edited so far)
It's in the downloads section :)

If I explain this in simple terms each pair of numbers is a byte and you get the offset (usually given in decimal not hex) from the column and row. The RH side numbers are in hex and the LH side are in ASCII (letters/numbers/symbols etc)
For example Collingwood's DOB the first byte is at offset E266 and reads 0A (2 in ASCIl).
Using what I posted:

Edit: positions seem to be slightly different for PS3 based on what you've posted.

We can see which bytes to change after the DOB. So for Collingwood:

Maximum hex value to put is 64 (100 in decimal).
I'd advise a nice hex editor like hackman which has a decent interface, compare function etc. Here's a screen of what I see:

I'll Be Blunt Colin, I havent got a clue!. Thanks for all your help but it just looks impossible. Is there any chance of a player editor?

OK, Thanks!

I dont Understand where you get E266 from.

Whilst I can find Colly's Date of Birth in the Righthand Side, I don't understand how this relates to the pairs of numbers on the Left.

12 - outfield catching = 4B = 75
16 - reflex catching = 4B = 75
20 - running speed = 5F = 95
24 - throwing accuracy = 46 = 70
28 - throwing distance = 41 = 65
^^^^^^^

And that bit...

Ok, your numbers down the right and along at the top help us figure out the address (like the row and column giving the cell in excel).
So in the screen you posted the first byte we see (6C) is at address (or offset) 0000E1F0.
We take out the zeros and it's now E1F0.
The 8th row down is E260 and the 6th column along makes it E266 - the starting byte of Colly's DOB.
The numbers on the left panel and right panel are the same; just written in different formats.
So from the top left:

Left panel: 6C 69 74 65 5F 70 72 6F
Right panel: l i t e _ p r o

We call that a string of 8 bytes (actually more but we can't see them on your screenshot). In other words 6C in hex = l in ASCII
LP = RP
6C = l
69 = i
74 = t
65 = e
5F = _
70 = p
72 = r
6F = o

Make sense? Take a look at this table too.

GET IT !!!!!

So how do theese pairs of numbers effect Player abilities? If editing abilites works for the PS3 this will be brilliant.

Go back to my original post and you will see that the value in hex converted to decimal (sorry!) is the skill rating. Change that and you will change their rating ingame.

But when do the abittlies start? 4 pairs of numbers after the DOB? and then you set them 0-100? Though using hex from your table

Last edited:
The fielding abilities are after the DOB. You set them 00 to 64 (with 64 in hex being 100 in decimal).
Alternatively change your settings so the left panel appears in decimal not hex.

Editing it seemed to corrput the savefile, causing my userdata to be overwritten.

Everything on my USB (fortunatley backed up :D ) has become corrupt, so this may explain the above

Last edited:
Here, cheers, editing Divadinho's file, not my own

Attachments

• USER.rar
    42.4 KB · Views: 11
Try this. It's been correctly edited so if it doesn't work you can't edit abilities on PS3...

Attachments

• USER.zip
    77 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread