Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
I actually screamed when I found out we weren't going to be doing Textiles ever again :D (The teacher and me never exactly saw things the same way).

PD/Graphics wasn't that bad, I just suck at drawing/designing. My brother did it and the amount of coursework he got was untrue.

Does your Year have to do a DT subject like ours does?.

Dunnae, I haven't really been at this school that long. I think it does though. I don't mind Graphics but I'm terrible at drawing, not exactly my forte. I actually love cooking, it's sooo fun. I.C.T and Geography make up a pretty easy half day tomorow, shouldn't be too hard.

Oh thought you were Year 10 lol. I did some of my bros A level IT work once (I was bored) and it wasn't that hard, I'm sure you'll do fine ;).

Jaz you have the same subjects in the same order I do tommorow :p

I'd be interested as to what you have to learn for AS level ICT. I ask as I never did ICT at school but now find myself teaching it (albeit at a much lower level).

It's the WJEC board (Welsh I think), tomorrow's test is on:

Presenting information
Desktop Publishing
Word Processing
Presentation
Web Authoring
Networking
Social Issues
Health & Safety
Malpractice & Crime

I think it's Skater who does Applied ICT, so what's the difference? I thought ICT would inherently be "applied".

I think it's Skater who does Applied ICT, so what's the difference? I thought ICT would inherently be "applied".
Phil is being taught topics related to ICT and I'm not being taught anything, it is all practical work. Unit 1 was to make an ebook of my own and research the Information Age (which took me 4 months) and next is to research a transactional website (I'm doing Maplin) and make an eportfolio to present it in. I believe it is pure coursework too.

ICT is all rubbish according to my friends who took it. Exactly the same as O Level (MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.), but with more details...

Physics is a pain. Atleast the exams are. The subject is cool, I just can't seem to score marks.

You should probably take it lightly Zorax. Relate it to your real life and you'll start gaining interest. The concept in Physics is more important than the Formulas. Formulas come out from concepts!

Also I think you need to stop using the Dimensional methods, I've noticed you use them way too much. :p They are not reliable and not always working so its best to avoid them.

I use them when I forget the equations. Kinda helps. I derived the units for Viscosity from an equation using them, and turned out to be right, so, :p

This happens every year with me for Physics. I got a C in my Grade 10 Physics mid terms, ended with an A. Got a C in my Physics Mock exams last year, A* in the boards. I guess it is getting used to the questions, or getting that kick up the pants after a crap score :p

Did my 15 minute presentation on the Holocaust today. The guy marking it said it was the best presentation he has seen for years and I even made one girl cry at the end with a quote I read out from a prisoner in a concentration camp. I actually found it difficult to compile so many facts about something so evil and then talk about it. I am glad it had an affect on those who heard it, shows that we should not forget the past deeds of mankind.

I did AP Physics last year (9th grade). Easiest class i've taken in HS yet, and that includes Spanish :p. Got 122% in it!

Physics is a pain. Atleast the exams are. The subject is cool, I just can't seem to score marks.

Same, dropped it in year 11.

I just finished my High School Certificate. Been over 7 weeks now of basically doing anything I want. Now I have time for everything that I didn't before ie. Planet Cricket! Lol.

Going to be study Bachelor of Business & Commerce in the field of Sports Management, and see if I can get a Scholarship for being a professional Athlete - haha.

Users who are viewing this thread