Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Here is a little tip for everyone who is getting exam results (especially in GB) Always check your results. I only needed CCC to get into Aberdeen and that was what was on my certificate. However, I just found out I actually got BBC and was only 1 mark of an A so it is best to make sure that everthing on your exam certificate is correct as mine wasn't.

I'm a bit tired of slacking off so I might actually try this term. I'm in Year 9 so I don't really have to, but still, I'm competitive :p.

Found out today that my teacher is going to start doing GCSE work with us. I didn't understand him that much but I think what he meant is that we're going to be doing GCSE coursework, instead of doing SATs as they have been scrapped. :noway

Started our Germany 1918-1945 course yesterday in History. It sounds pretty interesting. It'll probably be harder than Medicine Through Time in which I got A's and A*'s in the tests we did. Should be good though.

Found out today that my teacher is going to start doing GCSE work with us. I didn't understand him that much but I think what he meant is that we're going to be doing GCSE coursework, instead of doing SATs as they have been scrapped. :noway

I believe it is the same with us. Ah well, GCSEs are supposed to allow everyone to pass so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I believe it is the same with us. Ah well, GCSEs are supposed to allow everyone to pass so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Yeah I know but I'm doing GCSE in many subjects, like a few other people, and we are only in year 9. That means that we'll probably take our GCSEs in year 10. Does that mean that we will redo our GCSEs in year 11 or will we be doing A Levels?

LOL, just checked the uni portal and found out what I am studying after my exams at the end of the month:

An Introduction to Scottish History (Should be quite interesting and not too difficult)
Renaissances and Reformation, C.1450-C.1750 (Don't know much about this, so will reserve judgement)
Introduction to Anthropology 2 (Intro to No.1 was bad enough, doubt I will bother going to these lectures ;))

No you'll take your GCSE's in Year 11 but the courses are over three years instead.

Yeah I know but I'm doing GCSE in many subjects, like a few other people, and we are only in year 9. That means that we'll probably take our GCSEs in year 10. Does that mean that we will redo our GCSEs in year 11 or will we be doing A Levels?

Well my Maths teacher said for some sets they're planning to start the AS course in Year 11. It might be the same in other subjects.

I would've thought that we just take them over 3 years instead. Might be a good thing.

No you'll take your GCSE's in Year 11 but the courses are over three years instead.

I swear that alot of us in the top 2 sets(I think) will be taking our GCSEs in Year 10.

Well my Maths teacher said for some sets they're planning to start the AS course in Year 11. It might be the same in other subjects.

I would've thought that we just take them over 3 years instead. Might be a good thing.

Yeah, that's what I thought. 3 years sounds more likely though and is probably a good thing. I'm just quite confused. :p

Users who are viewing this thread