Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
WOOHOO. No lectures till mid-February and only 3 exams. I am now being paid by the government (I will have to give it back one day ;)) to do sod all. Life is good!!!! :D

In process of sorting out Work Experience...shall report back on my first enquiry if I am successful there or not. Though it looks like I will be.

Choose our options at the end of February.

We did this careers program wereyou basically asnwer a load of questions and it comes up with suitable jobs for you. My top 3 were Hypnotherapist, Musician and Psychologist.

Choose our options at the end of February.

We did this careers program wereyou basically asnwer a load of questions and it comes up with suitable jobs for you. My top 3 were Hypnotherapist, Musician and Psychologist.

Ours are at the end of this half term apparently so mid February is what we've been told. We'll probably have it at the same time as you though.

What lesson did you do the careers program in?

I did a careers program in PSHE in Year 9. Told me I was going to be a civil servant. :noway

Mine said Forensic Scientist or Librarian/Historian. I am actually hoping to go into Music, so it was incredibly accurate there. :rolleyes:

Didn't dampen the fantastic lessons we had for Careers in PSHE in years 10 and 11. The Head of Careers (who has now retired) made us open up "Careerscape" which is a massive database containing loads of jobs, and go through in alphabetical order why we didn't want to do them.
Abattoir worker - it involves cutting up dead animals
Accountant - very stressful
And so on...

Not surprisingly, careers was an area given for the school to improve in their recent inspection report!

Users who are viewing this thread