Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
In my Science modules for Physics, Chemistry and Biology, I got AAB. The B was in Physics. I'm still sitting on the fence in terms of resitting it. Any suggestions?

In my Science modules for Physics, Chemistry and Biology, I got AAB. The B was in Physics. I'm still sitting on the fence in terms of resitting it. Any suggestions?

What level was it at? A-level?

More importantly, do you need it for Uni/another course?

If you were close to an A and believe there is a realistic chance of you getting an A (remembering you won't have the same preparation) then by all means go fo it. You can't lose out my doing so (apart from a bit of money, I believe) and the difference between an A and a B overall can be quite a big one when people come to look at your grades - especially if you hope to do anything science based post-16.

What makes up the grade for Physics? If you just/can re-take the test itself, how much of the Physics grade does it go towards? Did you do any lab work that went to it?

Do you know what you want to do at college?

If you want to go for A, then do it, it's better to do it now, whilst having the chance, then do what I did and spend a whole academic year re-doing your GCSEs as an adult, cheaper too!

I pretty much got 100% in my Physics, so if you want some help, then shout.

If I am assuming right, he sounds like he is under AQA, meaning the module he took accounted for either 12.5% or 25% of his GCSE, dependent on which module it was.

I did get full marks on AQA physics, so I'm happy to help too!

I got 73 out of 100. This is 25% of my overall grade. The whole Physics course, like all the science courses, is out of 400 which consists of three exams and one ISA. 360+ is an A* and and 320+ is an A. I'll probably take it again s0 I can get in a region of 80+ or so.

I want to go into engineering so Physics is important and I need at least a B to do it a A level.

I would probably think of retaking if you really want the A there. Do you know how you are doing overall?

Wow, how in the world is a 73/100 a B? England's messed up, it's a C- over here and you're borderline failing.

No offense Leggie :p

But people in the UK get like an 84 or something and it's an A, here it's a low B, and is a strictly average score.

Weird, maybe the whole grading system is different over there.

Wow, how in the world is a 73/100 a B? England's messed up, it's a C- over here and you're borderline failing.

But people in the UK get like an 84 or something and it's an A, here it's a low B, and is a strictly average score.

Usually 73 is actually an A! It really is messed up in the UK!

That's a whole different type of sport ;)

Let us know if you want some help, I know a Sports Journalist. Even if he does liken himself to Alan Partridge!

Physics is my ultra crap subject. I got 89 and 87 in Chemistry and Biology which is borderline of A*, so I CBA to retake them beacuse it's average out overall.

And TBH I only want the grades to back into Sixth Form, It's a Grammar School so it's looks badass on my CV and stuff like that. It's my A Levels which are important.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread