Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
GCSEs are useless. I was pleasantly surprised by how difficult the A levels were, although going by my end results, they clearly weren't as tough as they seemed.

IB is brilliant. I have a cousin doing it, and from all he tells me, it's awesome. Insanely difficult, will make you go insane, but still awesome. I actually considered it, but the only IB schools available in UAE literally cost twice as much as A levels...

Right, found out I start college next Monday. Though it could be Tuesday morning if I'm working on Monday, which I've okayed with my tutor. It's our last P40 game of the season, at home to Notts. We could very well retain our title.

GCSEs are useless. I was pleasantly surprised by how difficult the A levels were, although going by my end results, they clearly weren't as tough as they seemed.

IB is brilliant. I have a cousin doing it, and from all he tells me, it's awesome. Insanely difficult, will make you go insane, but still awesome. I actually considered it, but the only IB schools available in UAE literally cost twice as much as A levels...

I'm doing the IB. I can tell you. It's insane. From what I've heard from people who have taken the IB (and done well), college is a breeze after getting the IB diploma. So it's not all bad, I guess.

Last edited:
IBs aren't offered here. We have APs, which are college (uni) level and can count towards college credit, meaning you dont have to take the class in college - saving you time and THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. :D

Insanely difficult though...

Thanks guys. It is about now you realise that GCSEs aren't worth all that much in the real world - it is A-levels and degrees which are really big. Just got to get my head down again!

Thanks guys. It is about now you realise that GCSEs aren't worth all that much in the real world - it is A-levels and degrees which are really big. Just got to get my head down again!

They'll get you somewhere, but experience will nearly always beat qualifications. So any will be obsolete once you set yourself in to a position.

Users who are viewing this thread