Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
My test tomorrow is for Information Systems (which is a stupid subject btw), but the stupid/cool thing is that we're allowed to bring in a sheet of paper with notes on it :D I'm basically relying on this sheet of paper to get me through the test cos I haven't studied the content much.

Wtf, uni. :facepalm

Yea it's rather stupid.

Though now that I've done most of the sheet, I can see why it might be a good idea. I've spent the past two hours writing it, and it's still not done. This is more time than I would have spent actually studying the stuff. So I might be learning it more by doing this.

Who knows. Hopefully I get a good mark.

I got my first two exam results back:

Stats - 4 excellences (1 - 2 hours study)
Calc - 2 excellences and 2 merits (2 - 3 hours of study)

****en stoked, but they were the two exams that I though I did (and should do) the best in. :D

:) Those are real good results. Will be interesting too see how you go in your scholarship mocks ;)

In calc someone got 87/100. (Apparently)
He got a schol in year 11, and an outstanding one last year, and he doesn't even take calc as a subject this year.
2nd and 3rd got in the 60's.
I haven't got mine back yet, that's just what I heard from some people who've talked to our teacher.
I'd say I'll be around 20/100.

I have no idea about stats or geo though.

I've never had any on Saturday before, but this year I have three on Saturday.
My last two exams are both on the same Saturday, and they're both schol. :noway

I've never had any on Saturday before, but this year I have three on Saturday.
My last two exams are both on the same Saturday, and they're both schol. :noway

I had that last year, Stats and Geo right?

There was one other exam I had on a Saturday, I think it might have been calc.

But yea exams on Saturdays are stupid. Had to go to sleep early on a Friday for the first time since school (and I had tennis on Saturdays). Not cool.

Na, Calc schol and Geo schol this year.

Stats schol is the first exam, excluding drama schol.

The gay thing is no one else takes Calc schol and Geo schol as only five people at my school are sitting Geo schol, so I'm probably going to be waiting at school for a couple of hours on Saturday by myself. (Really need the facepalm smilie here)

Na, Calc schol and Geo schol this year.

Stats schol is the first exam, excluding drama schol.

The gay thing is no one else takes Calc schol and Geo schol as only five people at my school are sitting Geo schol, so I'm probably going to be waiting at school for a couple of hours on Saturday by myself. (Really need the facepalm smilie here)

Don't worry I was in that situation last year :p

There were only two people taking stats schol, and then I had to wait around for a 2 hours until the people doing Geo schol turned up. Not many people sit scholarship exams at King's. The school doesn't push it for some reason :/

Only maths, and kind of science is pushed at my school.

With Maths there are 60 odd doing Calc, and around 20 doing stats.
There would be about a class doing Physics, and half a class doing Chem, while everything else like Classics, English, History, Geo, Bio, all just have a handful.

CG123 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Not many people sit scholarship exams at King's. The school doesn't push it for some reason :/

Most of them are already rich. ;)
They don't need the money.

Only maths, and kind of science is pushed at my school.

With Maths there are 60 odd doing Calc, and around 20 doing stats.
There would be about a class doing Physics, and half a class doing Chem, while everything else like Classics, English, History, Geo, Bio, all just have a handful.

Wow you have heaps of people doing them

Most of them are already rich. ;)
They don't need the money.

Nah it's their parents that are rich, they themselves normally aren't.

But really, there's no point not doing the scholarships because if you're smart enough they're just free money really. Even rich people wouldn't put that offer down.

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

And this forum has recently been our discussion forum I see :p

And this forum has recently been our discussion forum I see :p

Lol, yeah.

CG123 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

If you look at the total post counts in this thread, we're both still no where near the top.

That's because this thread is really old and we've only really been members for the last 20 or so pages ;)

Like in my mid-semester test, I'm allowed to take a piece of paper into my information systems exam :D So I'm just reusing the small bit of space left on that one to write down all the new stuff we've learnt. I can't be bothered writing a new one to fit everything in.

I was pretty happy with how stats schol went this afternoon.
I'm still feeling borderline in terms of whether I'll get the schol or not.
It was way easier than I thought it would be, but since I'm pretty much versing other people it doesn't really make any difference how easy it is, as it'll be easier for most other people as well.

Anyway 1 down, 7 to go, next up is normal level three stats on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread