Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Uni timetables can be pretty awesome. I've got Thursdays off again, and finish reasonably early on the other days. 8AM starts on Mon, Wed & Fri thoguh

I didn't really have that many options. I don't think I could have got any days off. I was trying to reduce the gaps between the stuff as much as I could.

One of the stats papers I wanted to do clashed with business, and I have to do a maths paper with that stats paper, so I decided to just take three com papers, including com stats which should hopefully be pretty easy for me.

----------

I had to take one paper from 2 - 3 four days a week, so there wasn't really much point in me starting earlier, as I'd just be sitting around at uni for hours.

Commerce papers all assume you know nothing about the subject. Stats should be really really easy for you.

Well I do know nothing about most of them, as I didn't take any commerce at school. :p

I pretty much emphasize how useless school is, only 2 our of my 5 subjects I took in my final year at school have anything to do with what I'm doing at uni. :lol

I might take Geo as general ed, but in terms of my major stuff, I've ditched both Geo, along with Phy and Chem.

Studylink is so tweaking irritating and stupid

It's going pretty smooth for me so far. :p
I just sent back the contact and proof of my identity, so hopefully I hear from them soon.

It was pretty fine the first year, but the second year is irritating. They've mail me back for the second time because they want 'to know your study details and/or your course costs', but then go and say that 'We will do this by contacting your education provider'. But this is the second time they've asked me, because I didn't reply the first time, seeing as they were going to contact the university for me.

Studylink is the biggest piece of ████. Last year (my first year) they lost my proof of identity that I sent, this was after they said they were contacting my education provider and that they had all the details. They actually suck. And so far every time I have called them I have waited for like 40 mins.

bit stuck on some homework. Any help would be nice. I don't understand what the first 2 dot points mean.

Identify data sources, gather, process and analyse information from secondary sources to identify the industrial separation processes used on a mixture obtained from the biosphere, lithosphere, hydrosphere or atmosphere and use the evidence available to:

- identify the properties of the mixture used in its separation
- identify the products of separation and their uses
- discuss issues associated with wastes from the processes used

----------

I'm doing desalination btw.

Which properties of the mixture allow it to be separated as it is done so. Like do some parts of the mixture have different weights, different boiling points, etc.

What are the separated parts and what are they used for.

Been studying since 11am, it's 1:30 am now and my test is at 11am

Damn you modern Chinese politics

hahah uni life. Much more study than I do.

I'm a mentor for University of Auckland scholarship students. Met my mentee today, he seems all good. Uni concert tomorrow apparently, but I think it's only for first years...

It all starts for me on Monday (Uni). I got three lectures, Computer Science, Accounting, and Business.

I'm pretty excited, but at the same time rather nervous.

I passed my DELNA (English Language) assessment yesterday, not that I should have had any trouble considering English is my first (and only) language.

----------

I don't think I posted it here, but I got an outstanding scholarship in Stats. :D
I missed out on Calc by one mark, so I'll be sending that back.

DELNA is piss easy. Finished with ages to spare lol

COMPSCI 111? My gf's doing that for a gen ed and I'm gonna be going along to the lectures :p

Users who are viewing this thread