Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
My 4 are spread across 8 days.

I only have like 6 days before my first exam after lectures finish, but I finish nine days before the semester officially ends.

what do the teachers teach in these tuitions?Nothing else than giving homework taking 2-3 hours.
Either you are under a huge mis-conception or you have always experienced pathetic, low grade classes (or teachers) who don't have any knowledge, don't teach and just ask the students to solve some questions at home.

Even I had joined a class during my tenth and my grades were pretty good (I didn't wish to disclose it earlier, but you forced me to do so. They were 91.84% to be accurate - 597/650), and tbh, my class never gave any sort of home-work to us.

You small boys really need to get your thinking clear. Don't get carried away with what others say, do what you feel is correct.

And like you said, there certainly needs to be a balance in studies and enjoyment. Never be a book-worm, never! Study less and enjoy more, but when you study, study hard. Classes and school teachers can just open the doors of success for you, whether to enter them or not is in your hands and completely depends on the amount of efforts you put in.

And going to any kind of class before 10th is pretty useless imo. Classes become necessary in 10th as we need someone to help us if we have any doubt or query related to the subject. And yes, if your class is of that type which gives 2-3 hours of homework daily, simply ask them to f off.

Either you are under a huge mis-conception or you have always experienced pathetic, low grade classes (or teachers) who don't have any knowledge, don't teach and just ask the students to solve some questions at home.

Even I had joined a class during my tenth and my grades were pretty good (I didn't wish to disclose it earlier, but you forced me to do so. They were 91.84% to be accurate - 597/650), and tbh, my class never gave any sort of home-work to us.

Yeah. Really correct. :)

Well, I hate tuitions. Though I am studying in FIITJEE, which itself is a enormous business of IIT tuitions, I hate the atmosphere there, and am solely there for the lectures...

Last edited:
It's funny reading back on this thread to what I wrote 5 years ago. Year 9... those were the days.

You small boys really need to get your thinking clear. Don't get carried away with what others say, do what you feel is correct.
Well, IMO if you pay proper attention at the school, there's no need to go to tuitions!And if you have any doubt you should just clear your doubt in the class itself and if you feel ashame to ask it than you should f off.You should be confident enough to ask your doubt, and if your teacher is not able to solve your doubt, you should better complain it to the head/principal of the school to change the respective teacher.
Why are you paying fees at school?For better teaching, for solving our doubts.And its just foolish to spend money and time on the same for tuitions.However its a different thing if you are going to tuitions for extra courses.(IIT and other extra courses for example)
And I have seen that most of the teachers(at school) doesn't teaches well and students are being forced to go to their tuitions for the same, and the teachers just enjoy the extra source of income.Really parents should oppose it and should not send their child to their tuitions and rather complain about em at school.
And yeah, I have seen in many cases, most of the teachers leaks the paper(Exam paper) at the tuitions, which is the main reason parents send their child to it and plus the children who don't go to their tuitions are treated indifferently at the school.
And going to any kind of class before 10th is pretty useless imo. Classes become necessary in 10th as we need someone to help us if we have any doubt or query related to the subject.
You can find the answer above.
And yes, if your class is of that type which gives 2-3 hours of homework daily, simply ask them to f off.
Well, its not the homework, but its self learning.You should just go through the lessons which will be taught tomorrow and just mark the doubts you face and just clear em during the class next day.Simple.
I really don't feel that there's any need to go to tuitions.

Well, I hate tuitions. Though I am studying in FIITJEE, which itself is a enormous business of IIT tuitions, I hate the atmosphere there, and am solely there for the lectures
I never liked FIITJEE, the faculty in one of the branches of Mumbai was pathetic when I checked it a couple of years back.

Well, IMO if you pay proper attention at the school, there's no need to go to tuitions!And if you have any doubt you should just clear your doubt in the class itself and if you feel ashame to ask it than you should f off.
I don't think any student these days is hesitant to ask doubts, there is nothing wrong in that. No idea from where you get this new theory of students feeling ashamed of asking questions. :facepalm

Why are you paying fees at school?For better teaching, for solving our doubts.And its just foolish to spend money and time on the same for tuitions.
Practically, there should be no classes, students should just go to school, attend lectures, come back home and study, but nobody does that. Moreover, most of the teachers in government aided schools aren't good, once they get the job they know that they cannot be sacked and so don't take their job seriously.

And I have seen that most of the teachers(at school) doesn't teaches well and students are being forced to go to their tuitions for the same, and the teachers just enjoy the extra source of income.Really parents should oppose it and should not send their child to their tuitions and rather complain about em at school.
And yeah, I have seen in many cases, most of the teachers leaks the paper(Exam paper) at the tuitions, which is the main reason parents send their child to it and plus the children who don't go to their tuitions are treated indifferently at the school.
Crap, total BS. This part from you certainly makes me understand what your mentality is. A student should never go to tuitions to a teacher from the same school, it doesn't make any sense. And if your parents are the ones who prefer sending you to such tuitions who leak papers, they are the worst parents I have ever seen (sorry to be harsh).

For me, private tuitions (the one which is taken at home by people) are a complete waste of time, they are completely meaningless. And classes, well they certainly aren't necessary and no one should ever opt for one until he is in 10th.

For 10th, it's a choice on a personal level. I am of the view that the classes do make one feel comfortable and certainly more confident. I know some stupid classes which call their students 6-8 hours daily, then give home-work of around 2-3 hours. Such classes are completely baseless, if a guy stays in a classroom for about 6 hours, there is no way you can expect him to have the strength to go home and do any study related stuff.

My personal opinion states that don't go for any class until you have passed 9th, opt for one in 10th, be irregular in school because the teachers aren't interested, be regular to classes, study hard, enjoy harder.
And the classes should be of the type which don't call you for 8 hours daily, rather 2-3 hours is fine. And I am never in favor any kind of home-work, luckily the class I had joint during my 10th never gave any home-work to us.

And all this discussion had begun on Prats' schedule. The two who are commenting on that (Varun and Meet), have no idea how the Maharashtra State Board (SSC for 10th and HSC for 12th) works, so they shouldn't really comment on that. As far as ICSE and CBSE boards are concerned, nobody gives them a damn in Mumbai once you pass your 10th.

I don't think any student these days is hesitant to ask doubts, there is nothing wrong in that. No idea from where you get this new theory of students feeling ashamed of asking questions.
Well, if you don't know I should tell you that there are some students who feels so.
Crap, total BS. This part from you certainly makes me understand what your mentality is. A student should never go to tuitions to a teacher from the same school, it doesn't make any sense. And if your parents are the ones who prefer sending you to such tuitions who leak papers, they are the worst parents I have ever seen (sorry to be harsh).
I said, Ihaven't went to any type of classes/tuitions in my whole life!
be irregular in school because the teachers aren't interested,
???
Better just attend exams and go to classes/tuitions in 10th.:rolleyes

Last edited:
A more better answer to the argument would be that it's really one's own decision. I don't traverse across many tuition centres in a day, still I don't have any problem with others if they do, voluntarily. I just loathe the coercion and brainwashing done on the students to attend these tuitions/coaching classes. I did it voluntarily, and with my own purpose, so I don't really care what others join coaching for if they're doing it voluntarily.

What about coercion of teachers to attend these sessions? Easter holidays and a friend of mine has been in twice to teach extra classes to try and boost exam performance.

What about coercion of teachers to attend these sessions? Easter holidays and a friend of mine has been in twice to teach extra classes to try and boost exam performance.

Well, in India, it's a teachers and parents who are encouraging these stuff, so teachers aren't being coerced. They consider it their duty (or they do it out of need for money) to boost exam performance in the school.

Well, I hate tuitions. Though I am studying in FIITJEE, which itself is a enormous business of IIT tuitions, I hate the atmosphere there, and am solely there for the lectures...

I just passed out of Vidyamandir Classes (delhi) and it was pretty cool. The atmosphere was good and they really joked around a lot. Many of my friends were in FIITJEE, and some were satisfied and other were not. I guess it depends on the faculty at your centre.

Umm, you just didn't get my point there. fiitjee is just an example - although a paradigm of the facilitation of the 'rat-race' in India - used by me to evince my thoughts, in fact, it applies to all the coaching centres in India.

----------

The atmosphere was good and they really joked around a lot.

Well, they do apparently joke around in fiitjee too, but they are hopeless.

Teacher : Varun, can you calculate the answer?
Varun : Umm, no sir!
Teacher and other students : Hahahahaha!

(what a joke!) :rolleyes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread