Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Ok, stuck a bit on my legal assignment.

On the third part of the assignment, I have to choose an Australian legal issue where there has been statutory change, so I chose sexual assault. We just have to write a report pretty much and the teacher has given us guidelines. I'm stuck on the second which is:

1b) Who the law affects? Identify the different perspectives (points of view) concerning the matter.

It's confusing me a bit, I'm guessing the first question is pretty much everyone but importantly those involved in sexual assault, either the perpetrator or the victim, but I don't know what I'm meant to right on the second bit. Does it mean the perspectives of the perpetrator and victim or points of view from different people/groups in society. If the latter, I wouldn't mind some examples. I've tried asking a couple of friends in my class but they're as unsure as I am so I may as well try here.

Perspectives I guess would be people like women's rights activists, past victims, and people who would be against the law like people who think the penalty shouldn't be as high (probably people who think prisons are overcrowded, or think the system is too penal)

I think the topic you've chosen is a bit hard considering there aren't many people who are likely to be in opposition to the law.

Thanks Jono. That should be good enough. I'll just go on about that. Yeah, it is but I have all the articles that I need and I've done half of it already :p

Hey guys, anybody doing Company Secretary Course here?

I can't understand the Pre-acquisition profit and Post-acquisition profit thing in Consolidation Accounts.

Not doing anything remotely similar but I did take two accounting papers last year :p

What's your trouble with it?

Perspectives I guess would be people like women's rights activists, past victims, and people who would be against the law like people who think the penalty shouldn't be as high (probably people who think prisons are overcrowded, or think the system is too penal)

I think the topic you've chosen is a bit hard considering there aren't many people who are likely to be in opposition to the law.

As you say, tricky. I think you could write quite a lot on how it impacts the police and their various depts and possibly legal sources?

Just blag it!

I actually have no idea what the law change involved but I'm guessing it's to do with an increased sentence or something along those lines

I actually have no idea what the law change involved but I'm guessing it's to do with an increased sentence or something along those lines

Yep, judges could now pass life sentences depending on the conditions to do with gang ████, and also that transcript evidence could now be passed so women did not have to recount their experience over and over in court. There was a couple of others but can't remember them exactly :p

Not doing anything remotely similar but I did take two accounting papers last year :p

What's your trouble with it?

I'm having problems in Company, Cost and Management Accounting (Its the name of one subject). Can you guide me in that?

Consolidation Accounts?

Probably much too difficult for me :p

Well, its much difficult for most people out there. I don't think you have ever came across a word called "Consolidation Accounts" did you?

It a directorial level accounting thing. Not a B.Com/M.Com level thing.

I have heard of them but wouldn't know how to do anything with them probably :p

Well, its much difficult for most people out there. I don't think you have ever came across a word called "Consolidation Accounts" did you?

I just read a paragraph on Wikipedia - seems simple enough. What's your question?

It a directorial level accounting thing. Not a B.Com/M.Com level thing.

If a company director can understand it, any moron can! :p

I just read a paragraph on Wikipedia - seems simple enough. What's your question?
How to find pre-acquisition profit and post acquisition profit if a loss making company is purchased in the midst of the year and from where the loan of the minor company be repaid from? Reserves of holding company?

6ry4nj said:
If a company director can understand it, any moron can! :p

Thats the reason why I'm not doing a course that makes a director of a company. :lol

Can't help you with that. Thought from your previous post that you had a general question.

Only advice I can offer is the obvious - be creative. Presumably you want the group's financial position to look as rosy as possible (then again, sometimes you might not...). I think there's more than one possible answer - you have a choice.

Hang on! Surely there is a figure for pre-acquisition profit/loss on the books of the company when you bought it. In an adequately regulated system, that figure would be lodged with a regulator, so you couldn't change it.

If there's a loan that you have to repay, and the recently-acquired company can't afford to pay it, then yes the holding company's reserves are the next logical place to bear the brunt. That's assuming you really have to repay the loss-making company's debt (as opposed to asset-stripping for example). You only buy a loss-making company either to turn it around (arrogance, wishful thinking, or inside knowledge ;)), or to cannibalize it for assets.

Does that help? :) I'm not denying this is pure intelligent guesswork, but it's probably better than nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread