Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
My school term finishes on Thursday at 12:30pm, I am looking forward to a break. I won't have to get out of bed at 6:30am like I do now and I won't have to sit through any tedious lessons.

I'm going to see a cricket match between Norfolk and Northumberland at Manor Park on Monday, I'm going to stay in Nottingham later this month to see the third, fourth and fifth days of the second test between England and India at Trent Bridge and from there I will visit my godmother in Sheffield. Staying in Sheffield, I will visit a lot of notable places in northern England.

When I go back to school I will be in my final year, Year 11, so there will be no older years to bully me or anything like that and most of my coursework is out of the way from this term. I will also get to go to a lot of important events due to me being the Deptuy Head Boy.

Sounds fun...

My term finishes on Friday at 3:45pm. I will then have a long and nice break with my family, spending a lot of time on planetcricket :p... on Sunday i am jetting off to a beautiful villa, owned by friends of my parents, in the south of Spain for one week, this means i will have no access to planetcricket for 1 week...then i will be flying from spain, to Monaco (or Southern France), to stay for a week in my parents villa, in the mountains above the city of Monte Carlo, i will then be jetting back to Britain, to the lovely weather :p and spend my remaining month, in bed, playing cricket and on planetcricket!

Do you do PE Lee? We got some pretty decent perks for that. We finished trhe course in Year 10 so year 11 was basically full of coaching courses and visits to places such as Goodison Park, Old Trafford (cricket ground) and Wimbledon.

No, I don't do P.E at GCSE level, I only do the mandatory two periods per week because there was no space for it in my timetable. Unfortunately, Norfolk is so isolated from notable sport grounds that it wouldn't be worth doing it.

I couldn't contemplate not doing GCSE PE. If I had no room for it then i'd make room. I even had to give up Drama for it.

I couldn't contemplate not doing GCSE PE. If I had no room for it then i'd make room. I even had to give up Drama for it.

There were other subjects that I wanted to do more than P.E. at GCSE level. Cricket is the only sport that I am a natural at and the teachers talked about a lot of paperwork to do.

Looking back at my chosen subjects for GCSE, I wish I had chosen to do I.C.T. instead of German. Although having the ability to read, write, speak and understand a foreign language will be useful in my adult life, I would really enjoy and I would pass the I.C.T course with flying colours, looking at what my friend has been doing.

They dont even do GCSE P.E at my school ...

There were other subjects that I wanted to do more than P.E. at GCSE level. Cricket is the only sport that I am a natural at and the teachers talked about a lot of paperwork to do.

Looking back at my chosen subjects for GCSE, I wish I had chosen to do I.C.T. instead of German. Although having the ability to read, write, speak and understand a foreign language will be useful in my adult life, I would really enjoy and I would pass the I.C.T course with flying colours, looking at what my friend has been doing.

ICT is the easiest GCSE subject ever. You can afford to do about 10 minutes work in each lesson on coursework and still get a great grade. I did bugger all for 2 years and got an A* :D. P.E was good aswell, the actual theory was pretty easy, just wished i'd applied myself more. Only got a C, mainly because of my poor practical work though tbh. I didnt play cricket at that time so couldnt do that. GCSE's were a doss tbh, much easier than A Levels.

PE is the easiest subject out there. You basically learn the same thing for 5 years and if you're good at Biology, you might as well not turn up to the PE lessons.

For the last month I was in school, practical PE was abolished because some people were underachieving :rolleyes: and the 2 periods we had practical a week were replaced by theory making it 3 periods of theory a week. I've probably already told you this...

Are you guys talking about PE as in Physical Education?

I went back to school on Monday. Sucked so back waking to an alarm at 7am in the morning. Been freezing the last couple of days. About 11C at the max. About 3C when school starts.

Been raining alot. And I have to walk to school everyday. I probably walk a kilometre or 2 on the way there, and the same on the way back.

11c is supposed to be cold?! :p Here anything in double figures and we all head to the beach ;).

11c is supposed to be cold?! :p Here anything in double figures and we all head to the beach ;).

Well it doesn't snow down here in OZland(As much as I would like it to). :(
But yeah, it's been cold.

We go to the beach only when it's 25C+.
For us, anything bellow that and we're in pants and a jumper.

Well done but SATs dont matter and achieving well in them actually makes life harder for you like i found out when i got top grades in them.

Dam Dam Dam. Got to finish off my I.T homeowork on Harry Potter which is to finish out 3/5 page newspaper which will take under an hour and to finish my Magazine for history on the middle ages which will take over an hour. I cannot really be bothered although I know I will have to, as they are both in for tomorow period 2 and 3.:(

Unlucky...ICT is so easy, its untrue

Users who are viewing this thread