Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
University - On Campus or at home?

Depends, are you asking the question?

And if so, how far is the Uni from home? Is it worth travelling home? And could you bear to leave familiar surroundings? the last question sounds weird, but i know from experience, i get terribly home sick from even a night away from familiar surroundings ;)

Depends, are you asking the question?

And if so, how far is the Uni from home? Is it worth travelling home? And could you bear to leave familiar surroundings? the last question sounds weird, but i know from experience, i get terribly home sick from even a night away from familiar surroundings ;)

I'm not asking for advice. I'm wondering what other people's intentions are. :)

Don't stay at home. A major part of the Uni experience is getting away.
Ideally you want a city university likes Leeds or Durham rather than an enclosed campus one like Warwick.

I'm not asking for advice. I'm wondering what other people's intentions are. :)

Tough :p
Get as far away from home as possible!

Don't stay at home. A major part of the Uni experience is getting away.
Ideally you want a city university likes Leeds or Durham rather than an enclosed campus one like Warwick.

Tough :p
Get as far away from home as possible!

Yeh, I want to gain as much experience as possible from Uni.

My parents love me, Colin. :p

Who's gonna do my laundry, ironing, cleaning, etc?

This may come as a shock but you have to learn how to do it at some point. Your mum isn't going to be there to do it for you forever. Besides you should be doing all that at home anyway to help out.

This may come as a shock but you have to learn how to do it at some point. Your mum isn't going to be there to do it for you forever. Besides you should be doing all that at home anyway to help out.

You would think....:spy

I already clean. I have only just started ironing. I can do laundry and I can cook, albeit only breakfast - pancakes, fry-up, toast, cereal :p

On Campus definatly. If anything move to Uni far away from where you live. Half the point of Uni is that you meet new people, live with them away from everyone you previously known. Learn to look after yourself and others a lot better. And just get drunk a lot

I also think it is better to stay at the campus when you are in Uni. You get a lot of experience from it, you get to meet new people and if you stay there you have more time to talk to them and make friends. Might be a bit difficult in the beginning but that's life, you get used to it and of course as Colin said you like the loved ones even more when you are far away from them ;).

I would definitely love to stay on Campus. It should be a great experience if the American Pie series is anything to go by :p

Movies can be very misleading at times. ( i mean most of the times, good to watch though:p)

I dunno if i will go to Uni yet, i don't know if i can be bothered, i have still got 3 years to decide though so im ok!

Meh. School is school. Wake every morning and go to school. Work for 6 hours come home. Repeat 5 days a week.

Nah seriously, I hate some of my teacher. I have the vice principal and the year 7 co-ordinator. Both bitches but I'll get over it. My english teacher (VP) gave us 4 essays to do on 1 book. Every other class had to do one. I guess it isn't bad. It didn't worry me because I got A's on all 4. :D

So your not gonna be goin to UNI then i take it Sean?

Users who are viewing this thread