Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Then again nothing you do in Maths come in handy in the real world.

I agree.

Algebra is one of my hates: I don't stand in the supermarket and say "Oh I'll say these apples are A"!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Oh come on. That's utter rubbish. At the expense of sounding incredibly nerdy, Maths is very important. Maths and English are two things you need to be successful in whatever you're doing.

Oh come on. That's utter rubbish. At the expense of sounding incredibly nerdy, Maths is very important. Maths and English are two things you need to be successful in whatever you're doing.

Some Maths and some English. Noone really needs to know algebra or poetry.

wats the point in doing french or german they arent exactly global luamguages should be chinese and arabic imo

Some Maths and some English. Noone really needs to know algebra or poetry.

couldnt agree more really equally important, however i love a bit of algebra or standard deviation.

wats the point in doing french or german they arent exactly global luamguages should be chinese and arabic imo

or just learn one universal language :rolleyes:

I've got RS GCSE a year early on Thursday 17th May/

Religion and science? good luck! :)

how many countries in Africa, The Americas, Europe speak Arabic or Mandarin? These languages are just as 'global' as French or German.

I did my French oral on Tuesday and I think it went well. My teacher seemed happy enough.

Ye, everyone agrees, and you don't use algebra and all that in the real world.

sd92 said:

Ye, everyone agrees, and you don't use algebra and all that in the real world.

It is not possible to say Maths is unimportant. It applies to almost everywhere in real life especially it has a very vital role in research fields. You will get to know about it by yourself in later stages of life.

And regarding Algebra, again it has various applications in real life. Its properties are handy tools for problem solving especially in physics. Linear algebra has various applications like space applications, computers applications(especially in Chip manufacturing) and so on! So with just the things which we learnt in school, don't come to an conclusion :p There is many many more to learn... Learning is always Unlimited :cool:

Yeah , i agree with both the parts , Maths is always imoprtant in every form and Education is always unlimited , no matter how much you study {the marks don't increase}:P

My timetable today:

Code:
8.45am-10.30am Double Media Studies
10.30am-10.45am Interval
10.45am-11.35am Physical Education
11.35am-12.30pm German
12.30pm-1.10pm Lunch Interval
1.10pm-1.35pm Form
1.35pm-2.25pm Biology
2.25pm-3.20pm English

German is SO boring.

Users who are viewing this thread