Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
I've got 9 GCSE modules/finals tests coming up (I'm in Year 10) and the first starts a week on Wednesday but there aren't any after that for a week or two. On the Yellis test I was predicted A* in all of my 12 subjects but I'm not sure if I'll manage that :p Do any of you guys have Yellis tests???

IMO school is pretty good because of the social and sporting stuff you can do as well as the acedemic stuff. At my school we have some pretty good teachers as well, so that helps.

I've got a Duke of Edinburgh Silver prective expedition next weekend so i'm looking forward to that. Does anyone else to D of E in like Australia or wherever???

Cricketman93 said:
i thought that was the 'jist' of the thread.

That would be "gist" then? :rolleyes:

@: Saltires - if you're in Scotland and doing GCSE's I'm guessing you're at Fettes, Stuart's Melville or Lorretto. Or in Glasgow.

The Spin said:
Im in Year 8 in the English system which makes me 13. School is very boring as always and no exams until next year when I have SATs.

I also think I might be the youngest forum member, 1st September 1992.

I am younger :D

School rules, lessons are easy then we just mess about any other time.

i am younger :D 9th October 1995, suckers, leasons are easy in Grade 6, bit of pressure being School Captain though.........

Will_NA said:
well, obviously!! :p

My maths teacher( I am in year 7) gave me a GCSE paper for fun(ut of 100) and my dad said i got at least 85, can i just ask what a scale factor of 2 is please?

Thats pretty good! Scales factors are to do with shapes mainly. For example, doubling distances corresponds to a scale factor of 2 for distance.

sd92 said:
Thats pretty good! Scales factors are to do with shapes mainly. For example, doubling distances corresponds to a scale factor of 2 for distance.

Aah, i think i got that right then:)

Good, good luck with your tesy.

Jaztheman said:
My maths teacher( I am in year 7) gave me a GCSE paper for fun(ut of 100) and my dad said i got at least 85, can i just ask what a scale factor of 2 is please?

was it a foundation paper? anyway, congrats. a scale factor of 2 is when you make the measurements twice as big.

Will_NA said:
was it a foundation paper? anyway, congrats. a scale factor of 2 is when you make the measurements twice as big.

Edexcel GCSE
Mathematics A - 1387
Paper 1 (Non-Calculator)
Foundation Tier

The Spin said:
Im in Year 8 in the English system which makes me 13. School is very boring as always and no exams until next year when I have SATs.

I also think I might be the youngest forum member, 1st September 1992.
I'm 13, born in 93.
But 11 is the youngest on this forum...

Users who are viewing this thread