Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
I've just done my Mock SATs. I got a Level 8.2 in Maths and so far in Science I am doing OK. Anyone else doing their mocks?

I had to do mocks in all of my subjects which I found stupid because the SATs are only for English, Maths and Science. In the actual SATs I got a level 7 in English, and a level 6 in both Maths and Science.

I got 8.5 in maths (128/150) and I've got science tests back, but I don't know the grades.

i got 7,7,7 which is great considering the revision and work i actually did (especially maths, my teacher told me id be around 5 with the effort i've put in)

You might have a different exam board to us...anyways we had like a practice exam for Business Studies today and got an A* in it...89/100...pretty pround of that...last time got 75/100...me English teacher was saying 'don't take it...its too hard...i got a D in it'...lol...well i find it fairly easy...

i couldnt do GCSE business studies

in fact, i couldnt do much

my options were

i could do seperate science (3 GCSES for science, seperate, so say A in biology, A in physics, D in chemistry)

then choose one out of history, geography, pe, music, art,

or do dual award an choose 2 of the above

i also had to choose between electronics, graphics and resistant materials

i had to do R.E and I.T

*also because i was top set for french i had the choice of doing german or french (or both) but that was the only set with that option

Adarsh said:
How lucky are you?! Here only the kids in primary school wear t-shirts. In high school it's a shirt, trouser, tie, blazer and usually black shoes.
Primary school uniform. Should be similar to that.

Canadian Freedom rules! No School dressing code, execpt you can't wear anything revealing and you can't wear a hat.. But you can wear anything else,

I've just found out that a school assignment has to be 1000-1500 words in length!!

He skateboarder you know your first post about that chunck from your history essay, they told me that in the final GCSE exam dont try to add things in that are trying to make examiners laugh or dont try to be a bit cocky if you know what I mean, dunno why they told us that....but yeah :p

no offence btw its cool to do that in normal work, I loved History :D

The Spin said:
Im in Year 8 in the English system which makes me 13. School is very boring as always and no exams until next year when I have SATs.

I also think I might be the youngest forum member, 1st September 1992.

I thought you were 19 ;)

Oh btw everyone whos still at school make the most of it no matter how much you hate it because as much as you might not like being there, there are some good times, I miss all the annoying people and just general laughing around...I feel I never made the most of it :(

So now I annoy you lot :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread