Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Yeah, i'm working at Tesco. Do I feel my career is fulfilled by it? No, I just need money and shelf stacking is a pretty easy job for 6 quid an hour.

Exactly, but if seen as you didn't do 7 variations of Maths, your not allowed to be the new boss for Nasa :rolleyes:

Im with EF. I work at this place called Williams Lea, you know them awful little free packs of stuff you get sent in the post randomly, I put them together, first job and I got ?5.50. I wouldn't get paid any better anywhere else at the moment.

I also just generally hate how people portray Uni's. Uni is essentially all down to your own independant study and work, not the ability of the teachers or the repuatation of the place. Damien Hirst for example, one of the richest and most famous artists, went to what was then the single worst university in London history. Look at him now. It's not about the reputations or anything, it's about your own work. I generally hate it when people bang on about Cambridge etc.

Im with EF. I work at this place called Williams Lea, you know them awful little free packs of stuff you get sent in the post randomly, I put them together, first job and I got ?5.50. I wouldn't get paid any better anywhere else at the moment.

I also just generally hate how people portray Uni's. Uni is essentially all down to your own independant study and work, not the ability of the teachers or the repuatation of the place. Damien Hirst for example, one of the richest and most famous artists, went to what was then the single worst university in London history. Look at him now. It's not about the reputations or anything, it's about your own work. I generally hate it when people bang on about Cambridge etc.

And also, like i said earlier a lot of the successful people in life, have more common sense that intelligence on their side. They use their common sense to maximum effect and make bucket loads, and there will also be a lot of people with degrees in this that and the other who make nothing in life. Its all down to hard work and using what you have. Not simply intelligence.

in this school there is no uniform.. :). it's kool. I got use to Unforms though before.

You mean your new school in Sweden
Do the women wear bikinis?

I'm going to uni to get rat arsed every other night, go to festivals and to live independently. If I can fit some hard work in between that then that's a nice bonus.

Is it your 1st job?

Nah, 3rd. HMV, JJB and now Tesco.

JJB were right arses though so I just quit.

Last edited:
Did you have to wear one of them lovely tracksuits?

Hold on. I wasn't dissing any jobs, and I didn't even mention my grades. Not once. It's you guys who are doing so! Most people who do a degree in Media Studies don't aspire to become a receptionist. Agreed? I wasn't dissing being a receptionist, but it's not what people aspire to be! In most cases anyway.

It seems this point of mine is just getting ignored. I'm not telling y'all to be scientists. All I'm saying is that if you want to go into journalism, Media Studies is not the best course.
I'm going to uni to get rat arsed every other night, go to festivals and to live independently.
Surely you can do that without spending 3k a year on tuition fees.

Duff is not behind me Usy...as i just checked.

Users who are viewing this thread