Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Possibly, but by that time the language will have changed and people like me will find her work boring,

Well it is possible. She is the writing genuis of modern times.

I suppose it is hard to tell what a hundred years down the line people class as good literature. At one time the Bible was always read and look at it now. People are more interested about wizards

HAHA. I doubt books will exist in 200 years anyway. It will all be on some sort of screen.

Bill Gates plans to get rid of school text books soon. With a simple screen you load them onto.

Could someone please help me with my poem about erosion from school. A few rhming lines perhaps? Need badly, reps if i use them.

I get £180 per A* i get, if only i was as clever as Adarsh :p
£180 ?? Two questions:
1) Why such an odd number?
2) 180 QUID !!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever I think of English Literature, the works of William Shakespeare pops into my mind. I am easily tired of such aged and over-analysed texts and I don't see how it is going to have any revelance to a job in print journalism.

College is a place where you can escape from compulsory education and get the chance to do subjects you really enjoy.
Ah, but that's not what the uni guys think. Going to a good university is a good start. Therefore, whether you like it or not, if you do well in it it'll lead you to where you want eventually. No pain, no gain.

Last edited:
i'm not sure why such an odd number, their prbably too tight to round it up to 200

yeh they really wat me to get A*s, chances are i might get a couple, 4 at best and thats if everything goes perfectly.

Beautiful. This is mine which took about 4 minutes(I can't do poems):

Entertaining waves crashing around
Ruining and destroying all on the ground
Over or under and everywhere
Soil with no where to care
Ice taking all in it's wrath
Obstacles cannot stay in it's path
Nothing escapes erosion

Erm...it's hard to go into cricket coaching as a profession, unless you have a decent cricketing career of your own. Even then not many people make it big at cricket coaching. You need to go for other careers, and you can do cricket coaching as part-time. If and when you're popular at that field, you can go into it.

If you want to do journalism, take English literature. Possibly language, but definitely literature.

Cricket coaching is more of something you can achieve outside of school. Do your ECB level coaching badges, I managed to sneak my level one in last winter just before they changed the age to 18, and it's really the own way to gain any qualifications to go further.

The structure is;
ECB Level 1 > ECB Level 2 > ECB Level 3 > ECB Level 4 (Only done once a year with around 4 people trying to qualify) > Domestic coaching certificate > International coaching certificate.

I do believe there is another level or two after those, but after the domestic one you can hold a coaching role as head coach of a first class county and the international one obviously translates into enough qualification to become an international coach, so they're not done by many.

Damn, the age is 18, will have to wait a bit then (I'm 15). I feel that I can be a good coach because I feel I can impart a lot of help to spinners to help them with variations, pacers to help them with pace and could help batsman make the most of their ability, though I must admit, I cannot see a batsman and immediately pin point why he may not be making runs.

Adarsh, thanks for the advice. Persuing coaching as a pass time seems like the best thing to do while slowly accumilating the qualifications and letting my work speak for itself. I am seriously considering going into journalism, so please be extremely critical on my articles as well as posting on the content of course because it will help me in the long term. I'm not too flash at English exams but manage to get A* on all of my courseworks, normally getting 19/20.

Beautiful. This is mine which took about 4 minutes(I can't do poems):

Entertaining waves crashing around
Ruining and destroying all on the ground
Nothing escapes erosion

Entertaining waves?! Change that.

Ruining and destroying all of the ground makes more sense.

Using soil and care together has a bit of genius to it as soil nurtures its crops. Good one there. The penultimate line is good too.

The rest is a bit meh, sorry I can't be of more help, not too flash at poems myself.

Well it is possible. She is the writing genuis of modern times.

Not writing genius, just a good plot which was arguably stolen from another novel.

If you want writing genius, read John Steinbeck's "Of mice and men".

Last edited:
Exciting waves crashing around
Ruining and destroying all of the ground
Nothing escapes erosion

Better, any more help appreciated by anyone.

Not writing genius, just a good plot which was arguably stolen from another novel.
She sold a lot of books + millions of people like her books = She's a writing genius.

Simple really.

Users who are viewing this thread