Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
And she's worth £550m. She musn't be that bad.

Mainly for Adarsh but anyone can help. ;) I have a little maths expression and formulae thing.

Write an expression in terms of n for the area of this rectangle.

Length: 2n
Width: 3n + 5

Area =

And then:

If n = 3 what is the actual area of the rectangle?
Area =

What are the lengths of the sides?
Length =
Width =

Nah, She's not a writing genius. She just exploited a market that was crying out for books. Anyone could have written anything along the lines of the same characters and it would have sold millions. The children's fantasty market has been dry of a half decent book for years till she came along. She's not a particularly good writer, especially if you compare her amongst her piers.

Anyway I have done it thanks to Effine and Zorax in our (enjoyable) convo:p Here were the answers:

Write an expression in terms of n for the area of this rectangle.

Length: 2n
Width: 3n + 5

Area = 6n squared + 10n

And then:

If n = 3 what is the actual area of the rectangle?
Area = 84

What are the lengths of the sides?
Length = 6
Width = 14

Sorry. I wasn't around. Good to see you got the answers, should've been pretty simple. What year are you in btw ?

Nah, She's not a writing genius. She just exploited a market that was crying out for books. Anyone could have written anything along the lines of the same characters and it would have sold millions. The children's fantasty market has been dry of a half decent book for years till she came along. She's not a particularly good writer, especially if you compare her amongst her piers.
Yet a lot tried and she was one of the few successful ones. The only one to really rake in the millions.

Last edited:
Sorry. I wasn't around. Good to see you got the answers, should've been pretty simple. What year are you in btw ?

Year 8. I had to correct Effine though on the breadth/width size as he said 11 to start with then me and Zorax kinda... told him he was wrong. ;) Just found the first bit abit tricky, well i thought it was 6n + 10n but I forgot to square it so oh well.

It's still fairly clever to exploit the market. She must have a good business brain. Wonder if she will write any other books, or just retire now with all her money.

Nope. Just wondering what your curriculum was.

My teacher drifts off into about ten tales a lesson such as when he wrote a letter to his friend on the word 'if' or something along those lines

Nope. Just wondering what your curriculum was.

AS:

The picture of Dorian Gray, King Lear, Death of a Salesman and Seamus Heaney's poetry

its pretty easy, i spend most lessons shouting down the kid who thinks everything contains irony

Users who are viewing this thread