England in Australia

Well, how anyone can say Giles is better than Panesar now is beyond me. Hopefully my Ashley Giles Average Tracker will stay as it is for the rest of series!

I hope England bats well tomorrow because that would set the Test Match up for an English win and a "live" series:)

I wonder if it's to do with the dryness and that reduced clay content they talk about. What moisture there is in the pitch might be patchy, leading to the odd ball being a fraction sharper.

That is to say that eventually, it evens right out and is consistent.

Last edited:
Looks to be quite a good pitch so far and exactly what you expect on the first day. Swing early on, seam movement and some bounce for the spinners along with good batting conditions.

Congrats Monty first game against the Aussies and he has a 5 fer.

Hooper said:
...And Giles' career is over...

I just wanted to post the same. :laugh

That's the negative side of Panesar taking 5 wickets. Although for most of the English fans this is a positive point.

chea Monty thats waht im talking about, congrats the first England bowler to have a 5 for at the WACA. makes most of us on the forums look like cricket experts lol, but u dont really have to be a expert to know that Monty is here to stay.

Now I wonder what we would be if Giles was playing ;)
Honestly though can't believe England left Monty out for 2 whole test, surely they would have seen his talent and clearly hes miles better than Giles.

Clark should have been run out just then, boy that would have made it hard for Huss to get to his 100.

Whether England will retain the Ashes or not, I hope for the English fans Fletcher will kicked out very soon. I would say cause of his previous selections they've lost the two matches and with that basically the Ashes. If the players in form would have played we could have seen a different scenario.

Also they are still keeping Jones, which seems for me a mistake too.

And finnaly Tony Grieg has something to talk about! He loves England and likes to talk them up, so now he will be milking this forever!!!!

Well in Harmy, 3rd wicket and well deserved been toiling hard and had a bit of bad luck with Lee but got Clark clean bowled after softening him up with a short ball. Don't know how Huss is going to get his 100 now.

ZexyZahid said:
Whether England will retain the Ashes or not, I hope for the English fans Fletcher will kicked out very soon. I would say cause of his previous selections they've lost the two matches and with that basically the Ashes. If the players in form would have played we could have seen a different scenario.

Also they are still keeping Jones, which seems for me a mistake too.

Its not Flethers fault! He was calling for Panesar to be in the squad...It was Flintoff who wanted Giles picked...And Jones has done well so far 2 catches off Panesar and has caught some wide balls down leg side

Users who are viewing this thread