England in Australia

symonds_sixes said:
Panesar is overrated in my opinion (and my dad's). He bowls to quick with little flight and little turn and doesn't look threatening at all. Giles looks better, at least he can bowl accurate.

You want to try the Humour and Jokes section mate.

I won't say much, only that "We told you so Fletch and co."

Hussey races to 50 off the first ball after Tea, another 4 through slips now :)
Great 50 by Hussey and at least a batsmen has converted his start into a 50, now the 100.

Before you start your dancing...
http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/RSA_IN_AUS/SCORECARDS/RSA_AUS_T1_16-20DEC2005.html

I wasn't unhappy with Symonds. He played the way he plays best and yeah, he didn't make a hundred, but in most innings, batsmen get out for less than a hundred. Look at Clarke; good to see he's made that no. 5 spot his own :rolleyes: The important thing for Symonds is he looked to be hitting the ball really well and with the slightest bit of discretion he might do ok.

Bloody Huss; I just can't see any weakness in his technique.

Am I the only one who hates this 'running on the pitch rule'? I mean come on, they don't do it deliberatley.

Last edited:
angryangy said:
Before you start your dancing...
http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/RSA_IN_AUS/SCORECARDS/RSA_AUS_T1_16-20DEC2005.html

I wasn't unhappy with Symonds. He played the way he plays best and yeah, he didn't make a hundred, but in most innings, batsmen get out for less than a hundred. Look at Clarke; good to see he's made that no. 5 spot his own :rolleyes: The important thing for Symonds is he looked to be hitting the ball really well and with the slightest bit of discretion he might do ok.

I agree nothing wrong with the way he played just should have gone on to at least make a 50 odd, still hasn't convinced me that hes a Test player. Same with Clarke who could have left that ball from Harmy like he had done previously. Neither balls were rippers and on this pitch you should be converting the starts.

symonds_sixes said:
Panesar is overrated in my opinion (and my dad's). He bowls to quick with little flight and little turn and doesn't look threatening at all. Giles looks better, at least he can bowl accurate.

Are you watching the same Ashes as we all are?

Like Naseer Hussain said most England fans must be throwing stuff at their TVs saying "Where the flip was Panesar for the first two Tests?".

Giles is Ok and did his bit for England, especially in Pakistan where he took 17 Wickets in the series which England won. He's been criticised too much, it's just that Monty is better than him

evertonfan said:
Bloody Huss; I just can't see any weakness in his technique.

Looks like he's the next Tendulkar or Lara, his average suggests even greater possibilities.

Been some good shots be Warnie lately hopefully he finally gets his 100, way hes going could be a run a ball one.

Oh for crying out loud another start then out :(
Looks like the bouncy WACA wicket is helping Monty, great bowling by him.

Wonder how well Monty would have bowled at Adelaide.

alright my fellow cricket experts(no pun intended) how much money are we betting on Husseys chances making a century. if the 3 batsman left can last a bit id say hes chances are good. and as i say Warne falls good job Monty really having a great day making Fletcher look reallly realllly stupid. Go Mont.

kodos said:
Wonder how well Monty would have bowled at Adelaide.

England can only dream and wonder. This is the problem when your coach/captain doesn't pick the right guy and you lose a game, you wonder what if he was playing.

Dare said:
alright my fellow cricket experts(no pun intended) how much money are we betting on Husseys chances making a century. if the 3 batsman left can last a bit id say hes chances are good. and as i say Warne falls good job Monty really having a great day making Fletcher look reallly realllly stupid. Go Mont.

I would say pretty good as he made a 100 when he was 60 odd with only MacGill at the crease. But I don't want to jinx him like I may have done to some other guys :)

Exactly it has made the coach and the selectors and quite possibly the senior players look like fools.

aussie1st said:
I agree nothing wrong with the way he played just should have gone on to at least make a 50 odd, still hasn't convinced me that hes a Test player. Same with Clarke who could have left that ball from Harmy like he had done previously. Neither balls were rippers and on this pitch you should be converting the starts.
Yeah, for sure, but it was pretty much the same story in that last WACA Test. The bowling was good, but not quite that good and the batsmen kept getting overconfident after getting decent starts.

where in the world is that guy that said that Monty was overrated when u need him. just wanted to ask him what he was thinking when he made that comment.

angryangy said:
Yeah, for sure, but it was pretty much the same story in that last WACA Test. The bowling was good, but not quite that good and the batsmen kept getting overconfident after getting decent starts.

Fair point, looking at that scorecard it looks pretty similar. One guy making a fair few runs while the others have got starts then got out. Just need the English to follow SA lead and have a shocker in the 1st inns too.

Users who are viewing this thread