England in Australia

Symonds was unlucky there. Short and wide ball ball. Should have put it away. Those ones are always bad luck. It's sometimes a case of the bowler bowling bad balls to try get wickets. Symonds obviously wasn't going to leave it.

It's a shame, I was enjoying the action.

Few 6s and out, when will our batters build on these starts!
Looks like Warne will get a chance to make that missed 100 at the WACA.

AAAGGHHH!!!! C'mon Symmo....Thats just bad luck...Dont remind Warney bout that 99 lol....

Poor execution really, those long hops should be flayed to the fence no way you should be getting a top edge like that.

OMG Monty has got his 3rd, what a difference he has made now.
Over to our lower order now :(

It's amazing that Monty has already taken more wickets than Giles who has played 2 test matches.

And now we see the problem with picking Symonds, we needed a guy that could stay in there and make a 100 not get out after 20 odd.

kodos said:
It's amazing that Monty has already taken more wickets than Giles who has played 2 test matches.

This all in the first day and decent wickets not caught in the deep.

:laugh Warne tried the slog sweep again and almost got out! Honestly Warne put that shot away haven't you learnt from that 99.

Wow go Monty dissapointed in Gilly would have liked him to score a bit at least but good that England have the upper hand.

Panesar is overrated in my opinion (and my dad's). He bowls to quick with little flight and little turn and doesn't look threatening at all. Giles looks better, at least he can bowl accurate.

Imagine what may of happened if Mahmood and Panesar had played instead of Anderson and Giles in the first 2 matches??

Agreed at least Monty's wickets have been good deliveries not made by a batsman slogging. Symond's wicket could be down to Symond's attempting to cut hard but it was good variation by Monty to keep it slightly shorter but also slightly wider after bowling consecutive pitched up deliveries. This match reminds me of last year's game b/w SA and Aus at the same ground. Australia are struggling after the spell by Ntini but Australia fought back well when it was their turn to bowl. Wonder will it happen again.

I know, Monty has NO chance og getting a wicket, I'd be surprised if he even got one wicke... oh... no matter :rolleyes:

symonds_sixes said:
Panesar is overrated in my opinion (and my dad's). He bowls to quick with little flight and little turn and doesn't look threatening at all. Giles looks better, at least he can bowl accurate.

Here my friend's is quite the most uneducated post ever. Please don't post things that are only just going to embarrass yourself.

symonds_sixes said:

I wouldn't mind being 'overrated' with 3 wickets.

Yeah.....Just shows how important it is to have a attacking spinner

Imagine if England had played Panesar instead of Giles in the two previous Tests. The matches would have been a bit more exciting. Although the last day of the 2nd Test was great.

Users who are viewing this thread