England in Australia

Sureshot said:
:D

If Monty is overrated then what are the Aussie batsman? Martians?

If you'd have posted that before start of play you'd have been alright but come on seriously?

He didn't bowl that well today and has bowled better (Old Trafford and Headingley) but he's taken 5 for at the WACA on the first day in his first Ashes test. Monty did well today but he wasn't at his best. He's normally as accurate as Giles.
Right mate,

I Think Monty's main strenght is his accuracy and as he grows old he will learn variations specially varying his pace.he is going to be in the kumble mold
he is a world class prospect thereis a scarcity of good left arm spinners around except fot vettori.If you say he lacks accuracy it shows sour grapes and nothing else

barmyarmy said:
Spinners aren't meant to take wickets; they're meant to keep the runrate down and score 20-odd. 3.83 an over is simply not acceptable

Lol, pointless English traditions.

Soon Eventually all Western teams will have a Asian guy taking all the wickets in their team, like Harbhajan and Monty. While all the western countries get their 1st generation of Asian spinners. India, Pakistan & Sri Lanka will be miles ahead with Asian batsmen averaging 50-60 an example of this might be Rahul Dravid.

Everyone knows how good Murali is (Officially Best Bowler in World) imagine how good the Generation after him might be. Then England would get a Murali while Sri Lanka have a miles better bowler than the Original Murali !

See the cycle?

What if Monty take 8-11 wickets in the whole match! :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah man take it easy dont be shocked

Some countries develop faster than others, not hard to see as Cricket is a ruling sport in third world Countries like India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

You would have kids like perfecting their ball to bat reactions, because thats all some have to do. Poverty and Lack of Wealth is big in those countries.

Last edited:
I'm gonna agree. The number of asian-descent players coming up the ranks in New Zealand (Deepak Patel), Australia (A batter in the U-19 squad), West Indies (Dave Mohammed, Ramnerash Sarwan are both halfs) and especially England (Bucket loads!) is suprising. Soon, every team bar possibly RSA and Zimbabwe (Kenya features several Asian-based players though, so might be a possibility) will be featuring Asian-based players. Wonder if there might be a reverse trend?

These trends can be seen in AI programmed games like ICC series and Cricket Coach.

Where India or Pakistan are ranked number one and Kenya etc are not far behind.

Who recently heard of the school-boy who smashed Sachins biggest score in school cricket, they got 700- for something and he got like 400-something and the other kid got 300.

Last edited:
Turbanation said:
This cycle can be seen in games like the ICC series and Cricket coach games.

Where India or Pakistan are ranked number one and Kenya etc are not far behind.
Kenya doesn't play a part in ICC 05, but yea, India are friggin amazing. Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are very close, so are South Africa and England isn't bad either.

Look here the same trend can be seen here. By like 2050 Don Bradmans record will sound like a joke.

Hyderabad , November 16:

B Manoj Kumar and Mohamed Shaibaaz Tumbi, who stunned the cricket community by breaking the Tendulkar-Kambli record for highest partnership of 664 runs by putting on 721 runs in an inter-school match.

The duo struck triple centuries each in the Under-13 Inter-school ODI cricket match on Wednesday to wipe out the long-standing record registered by Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli in 1987-88 for their school Sharadashram Vidyamandir in Mumbai.

"We thought of playing full 40 overs and scoring centuries because first year's selection is very important," said Manoj, whose role model is Yuvraj Singh.

Shaibaaz, who idolises Tendulkar, said, "actually we didn't plan this. We just kept on playing. We thought we have to stick for 40 overs on the wicket".

Manoj cracked 320 off 127 balls studded with 46 fours while Shaibaaz hit 324 laced with 67 hits to the fence for St. Peter's High School at the Gymkhana Ground against St. Phillip's High School on Wednesday.

It is a first instance of two triple centuries being scored in the same innings in limited-overs cricket.

Cricket_god said:
Right mate,

I Think Monty's main strenght is his accuracy and as he grows old he will learn variations specially varying his pace.he is going to be in the kumble mold
he is a world class prospect thereis a scarcity of good left arm spinners around except fot vettori.If you say he lacks accuracy it shows sour grapes and nothing else

Nope I still don't have a clue what you're on about.

I was plauding Montys abillities not demeaning them. Someone said Giles is more accurate than Monty I said otherwise just today he wasn't that accurate.

As for sour grapes I am English you know.

Turbanation said:
Lol, pointless English traditions.

Soon Eventually all Western teams will have a Asian guy taking all the wickets in their team, like Harbhajan and Monty. While all the western countries get their 1st generation of Asian spinners. India, Pakistan & Sri Lanka will be miles ahead with Asian batsmen averaging 50-60 an example of this might be Rahul Dravid.

Everyone knows how good Murali is (Officially Best Bowler in World) imagine how good the Generation after him might be. Then England would get a Murali while Sri Lanka have a miles better bowler than the Original Murali !

See the cycle?

What if Monty take 8-11 wickets in the whole match! :eek:

Montys English not Asian.

ZoraxDoom said:
Agreed.

Monty!! Fabulous. And Harmy is back! :)
C'mon England!
3-2! 3-2! 3-2! :)

On the Martyn vs KP thing I though it was being based on recent form. Martyn was good but I don't think he was the best of his era.

Soon Eventually all Western teams will have a Asian guy
Is what you said, when it isn't true.

Him being Asian makes him technically better does it? Despite the fact he was brought up and trained in Luton, England?

I don't see how Monty being of Asian descent makes any difference.

Yup, don't make a difference. Just suprising how many Asian Descent players are spreading all over the world. It's getting ridiculous...
And on current form, then definately KP. Would be interesting to see how KP battles with poor form...

Time will tell my friend

Im not saying him being Asian makes any difference I'm saying english spinners usually tend not to take many wickets. Whist Asian spinners are wicket machines.

I'm talking of the transition of Asian players being brought up in western countries with a different mentality, do you see?

Users who are viewing this thread