England in Australia

I'm still banking on that Jones double-hundred. ;)

More realistically, I can see Flintoff having a good innings tomorrow; A long overdue one at that.

Hussey played him fantastically well didn't he?

Also with Monty when attacking you have the thought of will it spin past the bat. Don't really have that with Giles.

lol. Tommorow is the crucial day. Could go two ways....

1) England make a faltering start to the session against McGrath and Lee who will probably bowl from the start and England stutter to about 200 and Australia will be confident be about 100/0/1 at the close.

2) Make a solid start to the day one of these two left (Colly n Strauss) make a big score (banking on Collyflower to bat well again) and England still be batting at the end of the day about 100-150 ahead with a few wickets left.

Obviously hoping for the latter...

yeah...well it was a good day for England although they lost 2 quick wickets towards the end and couldn't really finish the day off nicely...but nevertheless and very convinving performance by their star spinner MONTY...lol...his celebrations are hilarious...well what a choice to make by the England selectors to bring Monty in...LOL...but i think they should have given Read a chance i mean what has Jones done in the last 2 matches...NOTHING...atleast give him a chance...

Hope they captalise on the Aussies tommorow and go on to dominated and eventually win the test...

Jones has kept flawlessly in the last two tests and in Brisbane he outscored Strauss and Flintoff. It might not be much but it's good enough for me.

yeah he has batted well and kept well. I think we are actually seeing what he can do at his best with the bat and behind the stumps. His batting could be better but he has to start somewhere

symonds_sixes said:
Panesar is overrated in my opinion (and my dad's). He bowls to quick with little flight and little turn and doesn't look threatening at all. Giles looks better, at least he can bowl accurate.

I agree mostly, but he does get some good drop on the ball, which caused Gilly and Lee to be dragged forward for bat/pad catches.

kodos said:
Here my friend's is quite the most uneducated post ever. Please don't post things that are only just going to embarrass yourself.

I disagree strongly. Do you know what overrated means? Being called overrated doesn't mean you aren't a good player. It just means you're not as good as people say you are. From the way England fans and media go on about Panesar I was expecting a Murali like bowler, but really I saw a guy who at present is only a little bit better than Giles. Yes he has a lot of potential as he is only starting out, but lets not crown him until he turns into a real class bowler. At present, as an Aussie fan I would much rather see our batters face Monty than Daniel Vettori for example.

To prove I'm not just an English hater, Australia's overrated players would be Symonds and Lee. Just cause you can hit big and bowl fast doesn't make you great. Yet talk to some of our fans and these 2 are "our best players". That's what too much ODI cricket does. Symonds in particular, people make excuses for him all the time. I mean he had 5 years (!) to cement his spot in the ODI team and this is like is 4th call up into the Test team.

Yesterday's effort brought up some great examples. 1) He was unlucky with his dismissal - rubbish, it was all ego. It was a poor ball and he just tried to smash the crap out of it cause he got carried away with his 2 sixers and trying to dominate Monty. 2) Making quick 20s was all he was picked for, he can make up for it with the ball and in the field - rubbish again, you might as well bat at 8 if quick 20s is all you can do. And if I were the England batters, I'd be hoping to see the ball is Symonds hands a lot today - that's just taking overs from Clark and Warne.

I think we all just need to see more of Monty first before people can say he's over-rated or he's a god. He bowled well today. I don't think there is any doubt he is a better bowler then Giles. His enthusiasm probably is hugly in his favor.

I wish the england bowlers played a bit more like this earlier in the series. Harmison was fantastic.

Drewska said:
2) Make a solid start to the day one of these two left (Colly n Strauss) make a big score (banking on Collyflower to bat well again) and England still be batting at the end of the day about 100-150 ahead with a few wickets left.

Not meaning to "burst your bubble" but I really doubt that its going to happen, even though i wish it would.

Heard Monty bowled well today. I seriously think he may be the Warne/Kumble of tomorrow.
If only he played for india.... :crying

Should be an interesting days play of cricket, Clark looked threatening last night and should cause problems if given the ball in the morning. McGrath looks like hes lacking that nip still, Lee didn't get much swing which is one of his weapons.

Cant wait to it starts today, lets hope we can get a few early wickets and make sure dropping Collingwood doesn't cost us much

Day Five

England need 150 to win. They are faltering on 125-9, Collingwood is still there on 12 from 118 balls.
3 overs later its all over............Collingwood 15 not out, Monty...........23 not out from 20 balls. After hitting the winning runs to add to his 12 wicket haul in the match he finds out he is to be dropped for the 4th test because Giles is now fully rested and raring to go.

Users who are viewing this thread