England in Australia

I'd be more worried about the tail holding onto their wickets. Lee and Clark are playing with a sense of control.

Australia got the start that they wanted and needed here. All the bowlers bowled really well, particuarly Stuart Clark. Got decent movement off the pitch and was rewarded. Symonds bowled well as well. The Flintoff wicket was a good ball, squared him up on the crease. Langer took some sound catches there as well.

aussie1st said:
Shane Warne is in the side for his bowling not his batting. Jones on the other hand is in the side for his batting, that is fact! Adam Gilchrist has revolutionized the way we pick keepers, do you honestly believe we will pick a keeper that can't bat?
Also they have dropped a keeper that didn't perform with the bat, his name is Chris Read.

Yeah but a wicketkeepers job is to keep wickets. If he is a good batsmen then that is a bonus.

EDIT: Mahmood gone now. England have been mediocore to say the least. Wonderfull bowling by the Australians.

Last edited:
Poor Bumble sounds very sad. Very disappointing batting by England. Their batting is too fragile. I am afraid the tour is over for England. Hope I am wrong.

Left_Hander said:
Yeah but a wicketkeepers job is to keep wickets. If he is a good batsmen then that is a bonus.

Yes but again would Australia pick a keeper whose batting worst than McGrath?
And Read is the better keeper so why wasn't he picked? Also again as I pointed in my post he was dropped but his keeping was just fine.

aussie1st said:
And Read is the better keeper so why wasn't he picked? Also again as I pointed in my post he was dropped but his keeping was just fine.

I guess you have proved your point and made me look like a fool. Most people find that easy to do :D

I am suprised he hasn't bowled an over so far. Maybe Punter doesn't want him to burn out.

aussie1st said:

Well neither Read or Jones' batting isn't overally suberb and from what I've heard Read is the better wicketkeeper so he should be selected. It might be a different story if Jones averaged in the 40s and was a more relieable batsman then say, Flintoff? But the fact is he isn't and in his last 2 innings he has made ducks while Read made a slowish 50 to his credit.

McGrath totally being disrespected by KP, hes basically giving him the charge every ball. I hope McGrath gets him out to bring KP's ego down a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread