England in Australia

angryangy said:
I don't think Hayden's been out of form, he's just been liberal with his wicket. If he's willing to play a steady and patient innings, he'll make 100 and beyond.

Yea I agree, hes looked good in all his knocks basically but after doing the hard work by getting a start he keeps getting out. Same happened to Martyn last year and we know what happened to him after that.
Hes again started off brilliantly.

Hayden finally gets that 1 run to bring up the 50. Good to see he converted his start into a 50, now for the 100.

Feelin Blue? said:
Just tuned in now after doing somthing and i see 1/104, any quick updates please

Not very much as you can see. Not many boundaries either been pretty tight bowling by Flintoff and Monty.
Mahmood had problems with his footing, conceded 12 runs from his 2 overs then was taken off. He hasn't done much at all looks like England would have been better off with the extra batsmen.

Can't see England fighting back now. Tomorrow is going to be hot and probably the best day to bat on. I'd say England's Ashes defence is over already.

Ok thanks Aussie1st, your a legend ;)

kodos said:
Can't see England fighting back now. Tomorrow is going to be hot and probably the best day to bat on. I'd say England's Ashes defence is over already.
Looks like english cricket is dead again..

kodos said:

Well the pitch looks to be getting better so if England have a batter that can do a Rudolph they should be able to draw this game assuming we get a big enough total.

Good ball by Monty unlucky not to have Ponting.

dont worry if someone hangs around with Collingwood they might be able to draw it,
but thinking again it only day 2 and we are in the 3rd inning, we'll bat tommorrow and maybe a bit on day 4 but that means England have to bat 2 days to draw the test, by that time they might even win it. But i dont think they will

Feelin Blue? said:
dont worry if someone hangs around with Collingwood they might be able to draw it,
but thinking again it only day 2 and we are in the 3rd inning, we'll bat tommorrow and maybe a bit on day 4 but that means England have to bat 2 days to draw the test, by that time they might even win it. But i dont think they will

Actually looks more like KP will be the one that needs someone to hang around him. Strauss actually isn't in too bad form just has been unlucky so we will have to watch out for him, and Collingwood is such a fighter.

It's a shame that the match has been ruined by Australia putting more pressure on the Umpires with their appeal for absolutely nothing. Shame he bowed to the bullying tactics to give Strauss out.

Wow. Pietersen looking just as threatening as Panesar if not more so. Looks like he's getting decent turn and bounce. If he can work on his spin bowling, he could be pretty effective.

MUFC1987 said:
It's a shame that the match has been ruined by Australia putting more pressure on the Umpires with their appeal for absolutely nothing. Shame he bowed to the bullying tactics to give Strauss out.

It's in the spirit of the game to over-appeal. Didn't you know that? But running someone who strolls out of their crease is a much worse thing. Real no-no.

Users who are viewing this thread