England in Australia

Strauss might do good but i dont think he will bat most of the innings, he wont bat more than 40 , that is still good but an innings goes for about 80 overs so KP and Collingwood will probably fill a few and Flintoff needs to find form soon.

and i reckong Strauss wont bat more than 25 overs anyhow

Yep carrying on from Adelaide where he showed he can rip the ball a fair bit. England need to bowl him more often as he definitely could become a very handy part timer.

irottev said:
It's in the spirit of the game to over-appeal. Didn't you know that? But running someone who strolls out of their crease is a much worse thing. Real no-no.
:D I admit it made me laugh.

MUFC1987 said:
It's a shame that the match has been ruined by Australia putting more pressure on the Umpires with their appeal for absolutely nothing. Shame he bowed to the bullying tactics to give Strauss out.

Crap. Absolute crap.

1. The match has not been ruined.
2. He didnt bow to any tactics, he obviously thought it was out as it was quite close to the bat.
3. It was a stupid shot
4. If it was England bowling you wouldnt say a thing

So get over it, it happens.

Just like I thought. When England does something good, Australia does it better. I think not many expected England to be out for such a low total at the start of the day. But with a lead of 148 runs and nine wickets in hand and three days to go, it seems this will go Australia's way.

It doesn't just happen. Even on day one Brett Lee appealed for a catch that missed by a mile, even the slips knew it. It's a poor way to play the game and it's cost us a good shot at getting a lead in this match.

Feelin Blue? said:
Strauss might do good but i dont think he will bat most of the innings, he wont bat more than 40 , that is still good but an innings goes for about 80 overs so KP and Collingwood will probably fill a few and Flintoff needs to find form soon.

and i reckong Strauss wont bat more than 25 overs anyhow

Yea thats true although if Strauss makes a 100 England might be well on their way to a win. Plus looks like England will have about 160 overs to get our target as I suspect we will declare sometime tomorrow with a 400+ lead if we aren't bowled out already.

aussie1st said:
Yea thats true although if Strauss makes a 100 England might be well on their way to a win. Plus looks like England will have about 160 overs to get our target as I suspect we will declare sometime tomorrow with a 400+ lead if we aren't bowled out already.

no chance in hell would we give them more than 180 overs to bat, dont forget that there is still 270 overs to go. I cant see them declaring tomorrow at all, they will bat till about half way through day 4 if they can, get a huge lead and bowl them out

Well there was a noise when it went past Strauss's bat, snicko confirming it....it's funny, i didn't hear you complaining when Martyn got 2 massive inside edges and got given out lb, Katich had a shocker as well. How about Glenn McGrath's off the shoulder effort? Geez, we were looking good for 400 if he wasn't given out.

My man Matty Hayden getting runs again. His even batting faster then Ponting!

If all goes to plan, Haydos & Punter will get 100s, maybe beyhond that. Hussey might even have a chance to one himself and then we'll unleash Symonds & Gilchrist on poms and absolutely bury them and give ourselves a day and half to knock them over.

MUFC1987 said:
It doesn't just happen. Even on day one Brett Lee appealed for a catch that missed by a mile, even the slips knew it. It's a poor way to play the game and it's cost us a good shot at getting a lead in this match.
GD McGrath c. Cook b. Harmison

Oh wait, no that's totally fair, because it's number 11, not number 1. All number 11s should be given out for no reason. In fact, the tail shouldn't ever bat, because the tail scoring runs is just unreasonable.

Seriously, you think England don't ever appeal for nothing? There were some ridiculous shouts at Adelaide.

I guess if you complain enough, you'll forget what a useless shot it was that he got out to.

Compare the records of the two. I'd be willing to bet that Australia get at least 5 times as many decisions given to them than any other side. It's the Over appealing, early celebrations (hence Lee's fine in the last test), charging of the Umpires and general aggression that I find disgraceful. Sure other teams appeal and get decisions given for them, but when they appeal and it's not out, they forget about it. Australia don't. It's either Ponting marching up to the Umpire demanding answers or Warne and his 'Oh, we're obviously not playing LBW's today' that is the problem and is why Australia are the most hated team on the Planet. Sure mistakes happen, but Australia force the Umpires into making these mistakes with their aggression.

Incidently, McGrath called England cheats when he was given out, can you imagine the reaction the media would have if England did the same? But wait, I'm forgetting, most teams in the World wouldn't do that as they play in the right spirit.

Australia best in the World, if they can't do it on the pitch they open their mouths and point their fingers to get their own way. Or throw a tantrum of course. Ricky Ponting Run Out (Pratt) Evidence.

MUFC1987 said:
is why Australia are the most hated team on the Planet.

You daft sod - the reason why we're the most hated team on the planet is we're the best team in the world - you're just full of jealous hatred. I suggest that you and your team of illegal substitue fielders (of whom half are also illegal immigrants) go and suck on your mints, "scuff" up one side of the ball so that it reverses in 15 overs, then go and have a good rub down, then get your coach to invite the match referee out for a few beers so you can concoct a way out of this mess. Then when you've done that, come back and tell me more about the spirit of the game.

Last edited:
valvolux said:
Now why don't you and your team of illegal substitute fieldsmen, whom half aren't actually english, go and suck a few more mints and quit your whinging.
Half aren't English? Only one member of England's squad does not have a British passport.

Get your facts straight before you make a fool of yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread