England in Australia

Right, I give up for now and I'm going to bed. It's 4.30am and way past my bedtime.

Obviously we are going to lose the game and the series sometime tomorrow despite Geraint Jones' heroic first ball duck.

barmyarmy said:
Right, I give up for now and I'm going to bed. It's 4.30am and way past my bedtime.

Obviously we are going to lose the game and the series sometime tomorrow despite Geraint Jones' heroic first ball duck.

I did the all nighter when it was over in England :) But I see your guys problem given this one is starting at 2.30am.

I'll stay up just to make my mum angry but yeah I agree Colin.
Clarke could of been out twice in this Panesar over.
Thought the LBW shout was out to be honest, that's 2 Rudi Korten has turned down this morning that was out.

symonds_sixes said:
watson has done his hamstring again today, good news for symonds

Pity that as Watson looked like he was bowling well as he got 2 bowled. Of course Symonds will need a decent score in the 2nd inns to actually make the selectors think twice about picking Watson if hes fit.

Full article over here

Seems like we won't be seeing any of Watson this series now and maybe not in the Commonwealth series.

Symonds needs to get at least 40 and that will get his place because of his bowling and fielding he doesn;t need a hundred

From watching parts of the first session and from what I have heard England have been very unlucky. I saw the Hayden LBW off Harmison and that should of been out. Also heard that Jones made a miss stumping and there were a few that edged that have fell short. England have bowled well, only if they had the cricketing gods on their side today or some decisions going their way.

The Hayden lbw was a bit doubtable on first look. Only after watching every technical replay under the sun is it definite and even then, if Hawkeye is an inch or two wrong about height, it could have been going over.

Does anyone else find Geraint Jones looks like a guy who was forced to cover for the real wicket keeper? It always looks like an effort and a half for him to do anything vaguely complex. It's not that he makes the odd mistake, it's that it looks like he isn't comfortable, that he's always a chance of a mistake.

England are still a chance in the game. Even if they draw it, they can still draw the series 2-2 and that would be good enough for them to retain the Ashes.

And a spectacular way for Hussey to bring up his 50 :)
Jones drops ones to go with his missed stumping although no way he should have tried to catch that.

Users who are viewing this thread