England in Australia

i can see cook getting a hundred too, Collingoowd gone early, same with pieterson and then thw wickets tumble, but for some reason i see Jones getting 30 odd, i must be going crazy

Feelin Blue? said:
i can see cook getting a hundred too, Collingoowd gone early, same with pieterson and then thw wickets tumble, but for some reason i see Jones getting 30 odd, i must be going crazy

I'll take that :)
This pitch definitely isn't like the usual 4th/5th day pitches you see elsewhere, you definitely can make more runs on the last few days here.

England looking very dominating at times, but Warne can take over quite easily.

Another 1 or 2 wickets tonight and if we lead by around 270 would be pretty satisfying (at least).

What on earth, missed 10 minutes of play and I'm not even in Aus! Hayden dropped Cook I see off Symonds bowling too, who would have thought.

Yesss! Clark gets Collingwood this is more like it :D
Another one of those leg cutters by Clark, geez hes in a great purple patch.

Exactly the reason why KP should be at 4, number 4 should be where your best batsmen bats and hes definitely England's. He also has the characteristics of a good number 4 in that he attacks whens needed and can stay in a build a partnership if thats needed.

I consider the number 4 someone who can change a game. Pieterson is certainly that type of player.

aussie1st said:
Exactly the reason why KP should be at 4, number 4 should be where your best batsmen bats and hes definitely England's. He also has the characteristics of a good number 4 in that he attacks whens needed and can stay in a build a partnership if thats needed.

3 is where you're best batsman should be, 4 shouldn't be far behind though it's probably his best position to bat with his style of play. Pietersen's technique isn't to slog or defend but to dominate the bowlers.

wfdu_ben91 said:
3 is where you're best batsman should be, 4 shouldn't be far behind though it's probably his best position to bat with his style of play. Pietersen's technique isn't to slog or defend but to dominate the bowlers.

Yea true I guess although I see a number of teams have their best batter at 4 like Pakistan, SA, WI, NZ. But I agree KP definitely would suit the 4 role more so than 3.

Lol that was a classic piece of cricket there. Huge wide down leg side then McGrath stuffs up saving the 4.

A well made and brave hundred for Cook. I wanted him to get out, but inside I wanted him to get 100 (then get out).

England is in a position of what I thought they could be, when Ponting declared yesterday. Because if they don't lose anymore wickets today, they would need about 300 runs on the last day of 90 overs with 7 wickets remaining. It's obtainable.

Lee's looking good with this new ball especially against Cook, he needs to strike with this to make it easier to win.

Users who are viewing this thread