England in Australia

Feelin Blue? said:
1 more wicket, they will need bout 400 + with 7 in hand, and we will have about 10 hours nearly, Collingwood and KP can bat a 100 run patnership but we will still be in control, and we might gett Collingwood early, we dropped him at the start of his innings in the 1st, and he just nicked Warne and nearly fell to Hayden

Flintoff knows they cant :p

See Aus v India 2001, players can build a very long partnership so I don't take anything for granted now.

:rolleyes: well we nearly did get it!! so close

aussie1st said:
See Aus v India 2001, players can build a very long partnership so I don't take anything for granted now.
Yea, i know it can happen but with Warne Lee Mcgragh, the inform Clark and back ups like Symonds and Clarke we should get this

I've got to give it to Cook. Great temperament & all, his playing Warne really well. I couldn't imigane much worse then facing him in a situation like this with him continously appealing & turning the ball like such. His earnt my respect.

irottev said:
Once you get Jones in they will drop like bunnies. If Australia can't bowl England out for 550 in the fourth innings with Warne, McGrath and Lee they deserve to lose.

Theres no need to panic guys.
Finally someone sees it from my point of view :p

Feelin Blue? said:
:rolleyes: well we nearly did get it!! so close

Yea, i know it can happen but with Warne Lee Mcgragh, the inform Clark and back ups like Symonds and Clarke we should get this

This is Warne's worst ground so I'm not as confident as usual with the 4th inns pitch. McGrath still lacking that nip and Lee not in the best wicket taking form.

wfdu_ben91 said:
I've got to give it to Cook. Great temperament & all, his playing Warne really well. I couldn't imigane much worse then facing him in a situation like this with him continously appealing & turning the ball like such. His earnt my respect.
Well he hasn';t actually played Warne that good, about 50/50, hes picked some balls but struggled when warne comes around the wicket

Cook's innings has been great. He looks like a good prospect for England.

Lets just say England happened to somehow win or draw. This would be the best test match I have seen and probably pretty high on everyons lists.

aussie1st said:
This is Warne's worst ground so I'm not as confident as usual with the 4th inns pitch. McGrath still lacking that nip and Lee not in the best wicket taking form.
First innings was unlucky, and dont worry, sooner or later those 150 km reverse swinging yorker are gonna worry the Poms

irottev said:
Cook's innings has been great. He looks like a good prospect for England.

Lets just say England happened to somehow win or draw. This would be the best test match I have seen and probably pretty high on everyons lists.

Lol not that crap again, we were already involved in possibly the best ODI ever and of course the best Test ever in the last Ashes both of which we are on the losing side :(

if it was a draw or England win it would be a classic but im sure like me most Aussies would be going crazy. Like aussie1st said we dont wanna be go anywhere near another close game for a while.

I want a close game for sure, this is what cricket is all about. But I want Australia to just gut it out in the end.

We need to get another wicket now and get Pietersen in and get him out early.

It'll only be a draw if it rains.

We definitely need a quick wicket here at the very least cause another partnership will put a win well in sight and then KP and Flintoff can power England home.

By the end of the day, you'd think England would reach 250+ and if they don't lose another wicket then their right in this.

I can see Cook making a big hundred, Collingwood making 90 odd, Pietersen getting run out on 158 & Monty hitting the winning runs. :(

Users who are viewing this thread