England in Australia

11 overs in the day. If England can stay safe and not lose a wicket, then the Aussies need 7 wickets tommorrow in 3 sessions...

Hmmm, well I dunno. I don't think you could ask for much more then Cook but you have to. I think England are relying on this partnership to get the core of the 300 runs. I dunno about Flintoff or Jones' batting.

9.2 left now, Cook and KP facing Pidge and Lee with the new ball...Cook is 'running out of petrol' it seems...

I haven't got a clue why a few of our Australian members are criticising the declaration. Do you really expect 7 wickets to chase 300+ especially when we are prone to lose at least 1 wicket this morning? England need rain to avoid defeat.

Hopefully Cooky and KP can stay in for the rest of this session, and KP can make another big score whilst Cooky just stays there.

The way England have scored at the moment it's hard to know whether to chase the runs from this position tommorow, or just try and hold out for the draw. If you compare Australia's 2nd innings to England's it has some parallels, with Strauss and Langer both going for Ducks, Bell and Ponting making high scores, and Symonds and Collingwood both going for next to nothing. So I still think England have a chance.

Man, if England end up winning this then I'm going to give those who disagreed with me about the England having any chance of winning / Ponting's declaration, a big fat... I TOLD YOU SO! :(

ThePAW said:
The way England have scored at the moment it's hard to know whether to chase the runs from this position tommorow, or just try and hold out for the draw. If you compare Australia's 2nd innings to England's it has some parallels, with Strauss and Langer both going for Ducks, Bell and Ponting making high scores, and Symonds and Collingwood both going for next to nothing. So I still think England have a chance.

Fair point, but Jones is no Gilchrist.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Man, if England end up winning this then I'm going to give those who disagreed with me about the England having any chance of winning / Ponting's declaration, a big fat... I TOLD YOU SO! :(

That's exactly how I felt after Adelaide.

"Don't be stupid Matt, England will never lose from here; Australia have no chance."

We all know how that ended. ;)

england are doing well at the moment but i would still put money on england being all out by tomorrow tea-time, they will probab;y collapse, or get a bad decision

Less than 300 in a day with Flintoff due for one who knows what could happen tomorrow.
One for irottev, KP might have been run out had Gilly hit the stumps there :)

aussie1st said:
One for irottev, KP might have been run out had Gilly hit the stumps there :)

And I must say it was mighty sporting of Gilchrist to warn him about it. :)

3 more overs...
"The ice Pietersen is skating on isn't what you'd called thick"
You said it Jenny Thompson...

Users who are viewing this thread