England in Australia

::SolidSnake:: said:
Congrats to Aussies for re-gaining the Ashes :clap I know it hasnt finished but Im sure tommorow it will be, to bad we couldnt put up a better fight :(

You guys put up a great fight until that McGrath over turn the game on it's head. With 3 wickets down the game was still very alive, now it will take a miracle for English to come out victors.

Untill Cook was out I felt we had a chance of winning this test but now. If we're to win we'll need both Freddy and KP to either dig in and soldifiy or to go completely nuts and cream everything. With their playing styles though I'm not entirely sure which would end up being safer :p

Why did they promote Hoggard? I agree with the commentator who said he should be at number 11 (Chappell maybe?). He's useless.

Despite Monty cleary being our best tailender (seriously), FLetcher thinks it will be bad for Hoggard's confidence to drop him down the order after all his hard-work with his batting. That's Fletcher for you. :rolleyes:

irottev said:
Why did they promote Hoggard? I agree with the commentator who said he should be at number 11 (Chappell maybe?). He's useless.

I remember I think it was at Pakistan tour or the last Ashes not sure...but the excuse for him batting 8 is 'He trys to hard it would dent his confidence if he gets put at 11'

It was somthing along them lines I think it is a stupid reason, many batsman get dropped and they try hard and there actually batsman not bowlers so doesnt it dent them?

evertonfan said:
Despite Monty cleary being our best tailender (seriously), FLetcher thinks it will be bad for Hoggard's confidence to drop him down the order after all his hard-work with his batting. That's Fletcher for you. :rolleyes:
To be honest, I agree with him. Hoggy has worked so hard, it has boosted him a lot, both with bat and ball. So, if you drop him down and say "You are rubbish mate, all that work has gone down the drain", he is bound to be disheartened.

irottev said:
Cuz Flintoff was to scared to go out there :p He was probably asking Monty Panasear if he was ready to bat, or Monty would have been asking Flintoff if he could bat, because he seems to be the only one willing to play, he was getting smashed by Gilly but still had a smile on his face and wanted to bowl, hes earned my respect

Glenn McGrath has done nothing but improve since his been batting at number 11. :D

On Monty, has anyone seen him bat before his 1st innings effort?

wfdu_ben91 said:
No, i haven;t im just saying he is the only one willing to play at the moment and he probably would have been a better nightwatchmen purely cuz the rest of the team would rather be back in England

wfdu_ben91 said:

Throughout our summer he batted a lot better than an 11, 10 or even a 9 would have done. Search Youtube for 'The Panesar Montage' (which I made :)) and you'll see some of the shots he plays. Proper batsmen would be proud of them.

I don't think Flintoff can do much tomorrow, but Pietersen will be the key wicket tomorrow. If Pietersen survives till the second session everything is still possible. Somehow it should be good for the Ashes, if England wins, since that will mean a lot of people will (still) follow the Ashes.

But I think Australia will win the match tomorrow, since only recognizable batsman are Pietersen and Flintoff. And yeah, Jones belongs to the tail.

If we hadn't had lost those two late wickets we would have had a chance. But not now.

Why is everyone gutted with the Hoggard wicket? The same thing would have happened if he batted at 9 or 10.

Users who are viewing this thread