England in Australia

thunder storms predicted for the morning, but even if they only managed5 balls in the day i still fear england would get bowled out :(

Well the Cookie should'nt have crumbled.
He was really looking good,i daresay.
If England allow Warney to get on top of them tomorrow,its bye-bye to the Ashes.

iceman_waugh said:
Well the Cookie should'nt have crumbled.
He was really looking good,i daresay.
If England allow Warney to get on top of them tomorrow,its bye-bye to the Ashes.

All it takes is putting your guard down and sadly, that's what he did.

It's a shame that he lasted almost a whole day but to get out in the 3rd last over.

Damn, im hoping for a draw. So i can see the Aussies win the Ashes back at the MCG. Should be a freaking awesome atmosphere, cant wait

ZexyZahid said:
Somehow it should be good for the Ashes, if England wins, since that will mean a lot of people will (still) follow the Ashes.

I am not going to follow "The Ashes" for the next 18 years. Statistically, that is when England will have a chance. Can't bear to see England being mauled so badly.

"The Ashes" has returned to being a One Sided Bogus Contest it has been for the past so many years.

Ok in the comparison of last year this series was crap...England played crap our fight backs were crap because the Aussies seem to be able to just bat and anything under a 50 is crap for them, in Englands case of batting its oppisite to Australia.

Looks like England were just one hit wonders :(

I am an English fan, not hardcore, but I would like to see them hold up the Ashes. Have FAITH. You have your 2 best batsman at the crease with a day remaining. KEVIN PIETERSEN AND ANDY FLINTOFF! All they have to do is PLAY THEIR NATURAL GAME. KP can change this whole series around in 1 session. 1 session=100-125 runs without any wickets. Then the equation would be 125 with 5 wickets remaining. Say one of them gets out, you still have a pretty good batsman in Jones.

its not going to be easy, but its possible. Go England.

duded64 said:
thunder storms predicted for the morning, but even if they only managed5 balls in the day i still fear england would get bowled out :(
lol...

::SolidSnake:: said:
Looks like England were just one hit wonders :(

You beat Australia in your own backyard once every 20 years and start acting as if you are the greatest team ever.

At least this will stop baloney like "Harmison is the World's No.1 Fast Bowler".

s2sschan said:
At least this will stop baloney like "Harmison is the World's No.1 Fast Bowler".

When did we last call him that? :rolleyes:

If I recall correctly it was when he actually when he was the world's number 1 fast bowler, we haven't called him the best ever since.

Cricketman93 said:
Then the equation would be 125 with 5 wickets remaining. Say one of them gets out, you still have a pretty good batsman in Jones.

Plus weve got Monty, its all set up for him to stride out to the crease and score the winning runs.
:D

Well maybe not the winning runs, but he has never let the England team down yet when he has been needed to stay in.

England all out for around 350 would be my guess. Yet again they will have been let down by one of their innings. The pitch was excellent for batting in our first innings, and at its best on the third day when we really needed to still be batting. Full credit to Australia though, whenever they've needed a moment of inspiration or an inspired performance someone, quite often more than one, has stepped up to the plate.

A full reversal on last years Ashes where almost every bowler or at times batsman stepped up their game when needed. It's made such a difference for Australia that Hussey has been rock solid in the middle order and that Clark has made sure all 4 bowlers are capable of taking a wicket.

Still despite this almost certain Ashes defeat, I find myself strangely confident that when they come back to England we could well beat them again, as was shown last time you can't leave anywhere near as often in England and a lot of the shots that England batsman have gotten out to would be fine on just about every England pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread