England in Australia

::SolidSnake:: said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA GILES WENT HOME HAHAAH WHAT A LOSER!

I'm afraid mate that there is only one loser here and that's you. He went home because his wife has been diagnosed as having a brain tumor.

Last edited:
aussie1st said:
Exactly what you would expect from the Barmy army, most fans would have gone home by now.

actually in my opinion, the team spirit was less for England team this time! "Hungry of win" was very obvious in last ashes but this time it was missing marginally!

Also absence of Vaughan,Tresco and Jones and Flintoff's out of form played an major factor this time. KP was very fine like last Ashes! Collingwood added some extra strength in the middle!

But it was a great display by Aussies overall... Hussey was the most impressive and consistent through out! Really wonder how he was able to perform so consistently! Amazing Hussey :clap and well done Aussies to regain the Ashes!

Oh and I'm not the journalism contest winner for no reason! This was written yesterday :)

Puddleduck said:
England all out for around 350 would be my guess

Last edited:

Don't anything funny with that, he went home because of personal issues.

On another note, the atmosphere in the Australian changerooms is amazing. From on the field and from the changerooms, massive difference and would be a dream of any Australian fan to be in it. Just seeing it is amazing.

To look at one of the few positives for England in this series how good could KP go on to be? He has so far batted against Australia in one and a half series, Pakistan twice, India in India and Sri Lanka up against Murali and he is averaging the right side of 50. I thought he got a lot of luck against Pakistan in England but here in Australia he has played a few pretty much chanceless innings.

The one area I feel he could maybe push on is getting a double hundred or two (batting at 4 would help that) but considering he has yet to be able to have a crack at arguably weaker attacks in the West Indies and certainly in Bangladesh's case could he feasibly end up one of the batsman of his generation?

IloveGilly said:
Don't anything funny with that, he went home because of personal issues.

On another note, the atmosphere in the Australian changerooms is amazing. From on the field and from the changerooms, massive difference and would be a dream of any Australian fan to be in it. Just seeing it is amazing.

I agree never actually stayed long enough to see inside their changing room. Much different atmosphere to on field. McGrath was his usual funny self, was funny seeing a few players get hit by that shirt (I think it was).
Was Clark and Hussey there I don't remember seeing them?

puddleduck said:
To look at one of the few positives for England in this series how good could KP go on to be? He has so far batted against Australia in one and a half series, Pakistan twice, India in India and Sri Lanka up against Murali and he is averaging the right side of 50. I thought he got a lot of luck against Pakistan in England but here in Australia he has played a few pretty much chanceless innings.

The one area I feel he could maybe push on is getting a double hundred or two (batting at 4 would help that) but considering he has yet to be able to have a crack at arguably weaker attacks in the West Indies and certainly in Bangladesh's case could he feasibly end up one of the batsman of his generation?

Hes a truely amazing batsmen that plays both pace and spin well. If he can play Warne that well he'll be able to play any spinner in the world very well too. His height is a real asset which he imposes on the opposition attack and makes it harder to bounce him.

aussie1st said:
Oh I wish I had the English commentary team now :D

It was all actually quite interesting. For the most part the English commentary team is very good at remaining impartial (Botham the exception as always) as well as being able to praise and enjoy the cricket played by the opposition. They sat down and had a pretty interesting discussion about the various things that went wrong as well as plenty of interviews with the players and coach.

The main theme that I agreed with is that sacking the coach is the wrong move, but that they need to overhaul how selection is carried out on tour. Some good points were raised along the lines of how can you coach a player if he comes and says he feels he has a weakness and then not be wary about dropping him, and how can the players feel comfortable with that as well.

They also talked about the preparation of the England players as they have done for most of the series, as well as the obvious selection errors.

aussie1st said:
I agree never actually stayed long enough to see inside their changing room. Much different atmosphere to on field. McGrath was his usual funny self, was funny seeing a few players get hit by that shirt (I think it was).
Was Clark and Hussey there I don't remember seeing them?

Saw Clark there but Hussey and Gilly (?) disappeared? :p

I hope that the rest of the series, England will put up more of a challenge. Even a 3-2 final score would be nice.

IloveGilly said:
I hope that the rest of the series, England will put up more of a challenge. Even a 3-2 final score would be nice.

The main problem for me is that England have for 3-4 days of the last two tests competed pretty well, but whenever Australia have won a session they have won it emphatically, almost to the point of winning the match in a session each time. They've been able to ram home the advantage whenever they've had a sniff, and I guess that is borne out by a lack of form in the lower order that means Australia have normally blitzed through England once one or two middle order wickets fell.

To some extent the same is true the other way around. Each time England have picked up a wicket Australia have more often than not put partnerships together throughout the order and at the end of the day have played excellent cricket for nearly every session of every test.

IloveGilly said:
Saw Clark there but Hussey and Gilly (?) disappeared? :p

True don't remember seeing Gilly either, both from WA too so maybe they were still out in the crowd.

I'm hoping for the 5-0 :)

The new Laras and Sachins could be KP and Hussey if he was like 5 years younger. No real talents I can see, Prince seems good though.

ZoraxDoom said:
The new Laras and Sachins could be KP and Hussey if he was like 5 years younger. No real talents I can see, Prince seems good though.

I think Cook being 21 and averaging around 50 from his first year up against Sri Lanka, India in India, Australia and a slightly weakened Pakistan suggests he could well be up there for most of his career. Especially the way he seems to learn and improve with every series. If Smith sorts himself out again he will score a lot of runs in his career, Hussey unfortunately for him is almost 10 years older than Cook, and whilst an exceptional player won't be scoring test runs for more than around 5-6 years.

Cook doesn't seem in the Lara-Sachin class. More like the Inzy-Dravid-Kallis class. Great, but not legendary.
Too bad for Hussey though. had he debuted a decade ago, he's be in the same breath as Sachin and Lara, and would be the rightful Next Bradman.

Lara and Sachin are Lara and Sachin. There will never be a next of either of them.

And to the moron who commented about Giles going home, you are a disgrace. Whatever he was going home for, why is there need to say things like that. And the fact that it's for his wife's health is very toughtless.

On the staying up thing I might stay up because I havnt seen a test at the MCG as long as i can remember so yeah :D
Oh dear, such sheer stupidity is near unbelivable.

Users who are viewing this thread