England in Australia

Well Clark is a clone of Mcgragth, maybe not as good, we have a few good spinners, no real up and coming Leggies, Hauritz is a good off spinner. Even when the older guyz retire i reckon we will win nearly the same amount of matches as we win now just not as easy

Clark has proven to be more than a McGrath clone, hes proven to be himself :)
His bowling spot is definitely safe. Leggies we do have Cullen Bailey from SA who is promising. Beau Casson left arm leggie has potential, hasn't been too good for NSW though.

Feelin Blue? said:
Well Clark is a clone of Mcgragth, maybe not as good, we have a few good spinners, no real up and coming Leggies, Hauritz is a good off spinner. Even when the older guyz retire i reckon we will win nearly the same amount of matches as we win now just not as easy

I think Australia will be more susceptible away from home than they have been. The experience of different conditions is something that again can only be gathered over time and whilst Clark is a similar bowler to McGrath he is into his 30's already. However good Hauritz is, he won't be taking 700 test wickets anytime soon.

I think Warne will play on for a while yet, so that situation still has time, but when you lose the option to have a spinner bowling almost all day whilst keeping it tight and picking up wickets, it could well force a change in Australian tactics.

Casson is a leftie? LOL, even though im a blue i haven;t seen him play actually, he hasn;t really been selectored much so he doesn't seem to be much of a talent, Cameron White will be a good allrounder, basically a lot of players who play in Australia A and some who played in the prime ministers XI will get the first mentions

puddleduck said:
However good Hauritz is, he won't be taking 700 test wickets anytime soon.
Duh, how many bowlers are gonna take 700 wickets? let me see Murli, Warne..... im out of bowlers

im proud of england for putting up a fight, with two games left im now quite confident we can win one of them, if only strauss or colly could of got in :(

puddleduck said:
I think Australia will be more susceptible away from home than they have been. The experience of different conditions is something that again can only be gathered over time and whilst Clark is a similar bowler to McGrath he is into his 30's already. However good Hauritz is, he won't be taking 700 test wickets anytime soon.

I think Warne will play on for a while yet, so that situation still has time, but when you lose the option to have a spinner bowling almost all day whilst keeping it tight and picking up wickets, it could well force a change in Australian tactics.

Well Clark's still got a good 5 years in him if hes up for it so thats one spot we don't have to worry about.
For the first time in a long time though our captain will have a real tough job on his hand. They won't have a McGrath or Warne to turn to when they need wickets so it will be a true test of their captaincy.

Feelin Blue? said:
Duh, how many bowlers are gonna take 700 wickets? let me see Murli, Warne..... im out of bowlers

It was a sentence that lead into the next paragraph. If you can't see the point being made, then I won't take the time to explain it :rolleyes:

To again bring up England, just a look at Colly. So far in this series he has got his runs when the bounce has been a lot slower and lower, for the first time when the pitch had some pace he has been out cheaply in both innings. Whilst he has obviously been one of the few plusses so far, has he actually done anything to erase the doubts that many have had about his fallibility on the quicker pitches?

duded64 said:
im proud of england for putting up a fight, with two games left im now quite confident we can win one of them, if only strauss or colly could of got in :(
You died to early, once KP and Flintoff were in it was to much pressure for them cuz one more wicket yiou lost cuz everyone knows Jones cant bat. Bringing in Hoggard before himself by Freddie was stupid, even though he had him as a night watchmen im sure Freddie could have lasted those 2 balls.

puddleduck said:
It was a sentence that lead into the next paragraph. If you can't see the point being made, then I won't take the time to explain it :rolleyes:
I can see what your saying, im just saying our best option is to at least find a bowler capable of taking 400 wickets and thats big in itself, but i dont think Haurtiz could take 400 wickets.

duded64 said:

The key was the loss of Cook yesterday, had England been 3 down today who knows what could have happened. Flintoff was brought in way too early to have any impact on our total but he did show promise today which should be good for the next 2 games.

Feelin Blue? said:
I can see what your saying, im just saying our best option is to at least find a bowler capable of taking 400 wickets and thats big in itself, but i dont think Haurtiz could take 400 wickets.

Hauritz first needs to get back into the NSW FC team to even think about 400 Test wickets!

I dont know why we dropped him, hes a top Onde Day bowler though, so maybe a shot at the ODI team might be a good start

Never been to this thread, probably because this series just didnt deserve the hype that it got before it started!

Anyways congrats to Australia for winning the Ashes back! They had to, for I always felt England were lucky to win the 2005 version. It was a glorious period for England where everything went right for them, and Australia needed a shake up badly and they got it.

Australia might not look invincible anymore these days, but still beating them is as tough as it used to be when they were 'the invincibles' under Steve Waugh!

I would say Flintoff needs to be relieved of his captaincy. too much of workload on him. batting, bowling, captaincy, etc. strauss needs to be the next captain!

I think the best arguement for a batsman being skipper over bowlers is that bowlers need to be able to stew away for a while, get angry when things aren't going their way, and as captain you can't afford to do that. Batsman out on the field can remain detached from that, and whilst batting there is obviously nothing you can do except bat.

To carry on flogging a dead horse in regards to a debate that has taken over much of these 224 pages, Freddie was made captain for his ability to inspire people, but as an all rounder and just being out on the field he can do that without the need for captaincy, in the same way that Warne does so when he is bowling.

well England tried fighting hard but couldn't pull it off in the end...JONES out on another duck...2 ducks in 2 innings...thats why READ should be brought in...

Congratulations to Australia for winning the Ashes. And good luck with the next aim of winning it with 5-0.

And congratulations to England too, since they battled well. Only they gave it away on the last day of each of the two last Tests.

Users who are viewing this thread