England in Australia

davefryer said:
why on earth would England replace Monty at this point? Over here a player gets a go until he has a string of poor perfomances and that's the way it should be.

You'd think so, but Monty was dropped for Giles after being our leading wicket taker of the summer...

I think the on-field problems start from the top. I don't mean the Coach, but the Captain. Flintoff, great player, jadda, jadda, but Captain, no. I'm not sure about the whole selection thing as that's up in the air a bit, but he doesn't seem to know what to do when England hit problems. Fair enough, in 2005 we had our best 4th bowler for the last decade in Simon Jones, but on this tour that area has stuck out. By that I mean Anderson and Mahmood. Now Anderson, barely played all year, yet he's thrown the ball and got through a lot of 'donkey work' in the first couple of Tests, which is fair enough. Yet in the Third test, Mahmood, who could do that role gets, what 12 overs? Yes he was going for a few, but so was everyone.

Flintoff only seems to have one plan when it starts going wrong, that being to bowl himself. I think that needs to change personally.

Sureshot said:
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausveng/content/current/story/267740.html

As MUFC has said, not surprising given Australias racist issues, disgusting behaviour noentheless.
Awwwwwwww, boo friggity hoo.

Ian Botham said:
You would be a very brave man at this stage to back against England. The 5-1 odds the bookmakers are offering are ridiculous in a two-horse race
Well I think it's official that Ian Botham is the biggest tool the game has ever seen.

aussie1st said:
Anymore all nighters now?

Of course the all nighters are still on, there's still pride to play for.
Next two tests start at 11.30pm over here in England, so abit easier to stay up for.

Englishandproud said:
Of course the all nighters are still on, there's still pride to play for.
Next two tests start at 11.30pm over here in England, so abit easier to stay up for.

Indeed, We are still England Supporters and always will be, bad times and good times we still love and watch cricket.

Plus I have lost my job and will leave on friday bloody NHS Job cuts...

So I can stay up all night and watch woOoOoOt!

I have some Aussie relative's goin to Melbourne to watch the next test, so got to stay up and spot them in the 95k crowd :D lol

gambino said:
i think i need to see some big england thrashings,

bring on the windies and india
what do the windies and India have to do with the Ashes ?

the english supporters are way more loyal than the aussies. i've failed all my exams to stay up watching cricket and the barmy army were still singing all through last night.
Michael vaughan for england coach

Leicetser Fox said:
the english supporters are way more loyal than the aussies. i've failed all my exams to stay up watching cricket and the barmy army were still singing all through last night.
Michael vaughan for england coach
Which of course explains why all the tickets were sold out for this series IN AUSTRALIA months in advance...

Sureshot said:
So you condone racism then?
"Stupid Indian" is as racist as us saying "Stupid Pom" or the Barmy Army calling us convicts. I also object to your accusations of "racist issues". Especially since the alleged racism from last year was in Afrikaans.

thats not what it's about. you guys were all wanting to get players axed and ponting not to be captain.

Users who are viewing this thread