England in Australia

England are easily number 2 in the world and number 1 when our players are fit

I'd say number 2 in the world with this lot or when all our players are fit.

Scmods said:
Which of course explains why all the tickets were sold out for this series IN AUSTRALIA months in advance...

"Stupid Indian" is as racist as us saying "Stupid Pom" or the Barmy Army calling us convicts. I also object to your accusations of "racist issues". Especially since the alleged racism from last year was in Afrikaans.

Monty was called a "Stupid Indian" because he's not white and therefore can't possibly be English, it's racism whatever brush you tar it with.

Well, he is Indian technically. And he isn't asheamed of it, so basically he doesn't mind. I mean, why are you so protective of the fact that he is, infact, Indian? Calling him "Stupid Indian" is harmless.
Calling Amla a terrorist, fine, that was racist and a stupid thing to say. Had he called Amla "The Indian does it!" no one would mind. The commentators refer him as Indian all the time. Seriously, the only place where I have seen people have problem with this is here. Chill. Stupid Indian is about as racist as "Stupid Pommie"

ZoraxDoom said:
Well, he is Indian technically. And he isn't asheamed of it, so basically he doesn't mind. I mean, why are you so protective of the fact that he is, infact, Indian? Calling him "Stupid Indian" is harmless.
Calling Amla a terrorist, fine, that was racist and a stupid thing to say. Had he called Amla "The Indian does it!" no one would mind. The commentators refer him as Indian all the time. Seriously, the only place where I have seen people have problem with this is here. Chill. Stupid Indian is about as racist as "Stupid Pommie"

"Technically" he's English, not Indian - Zorax, or anyone else for that matter.
However, it's hard to draw a line on what's racist and what's not. "Stupid Indian" is , to me, the same as "Stupid Pommie" or calling the Aussies "convicts". However, apart from the fact that he's not actually Indian(!), I don't find much wrong there.

Which commentator called him Indian?

Adarsh said:
"Technically" he's English, not Indian - Zorax, or anyone else for that matter.
However, it's hard to draw a line on what's racist and what's not. "Stupid Indian" is , to me, the same as "Stupid Pommie" or calling the Aussies "convicts". However, apart from the fact that he's not actually Indian(!), I don't find much wrong there.

Which commentator called him Indian?
Amla? Harsha, Ravi, and I think Symcox (Or whoever the third commentator there was). It was during the period when Amla was runner.

And Matty cried? Wow. Got a new level of respect for the guy, seems to really love cricket...seems to really want to do well...

I thought you were talking about Monty. Anyway, calling Amla Indian is equally incorrect, I suppose. Point is, though it's hard for people to get this into their head, Monty Panesar is English.

He follows Indian cultures and traditions (I bet he doesn't eat beef)
He is born to Indian parents.
He is just and Indian located in England. He may have beliefs as an Englishman and stuff, and I agree, he was raised English. But he still is Indian. Not the same way as KP mind, he is half. I understand if you want to say he is no different from any other Englishman, fine, but he is no different from any other Indian too. IE, he is still Indian as well.
Amla doesn't mind either. I don't see why all of you are so defensive and jumpy when people call Panesar Indian. If they say: "Haha, England can't win without an Indian!", I understand. But just in general talking and stuff, or light-humoured sledging why are you so defensive?

He follows Indian cultures and traditions (I bet he doesn't eat beef).
He may follow Sikh cultures and traditions.
He is born to Indian parents.
He is just and Indian located in England. He may have beliefs as an Englishman and stuff, and I agree, he was raised English. But he still is Indian. Not the same way as KP mind, he is half. I understand if you want to say he is no different from any other Englishman, fine, but he is no different from any other Indian too. IE, he is still Indian as well.
So what if he's born to Indian parents? Doesn't necessarily mean he's got to be Indian. It's ironic that you picked KP as the other example; if anyone's not English then it's KP. He was born in South Africa, raised in South Africa, graduated from a South African university, and even played for South Africa A (if I'm not mistaken) !

My grandparents and parents are South African Zorax, I am however completely English, the same is true of Panesar.

Since it was buried under the weight of, to be honest quite interesting and respectful, discussion I was having with Aussie1st and at times a few others I will again bring up my own supreme awesomeness :p

puddleduck said:
England will be all out for around 350

I really wish I had been wrong about everything during this first 3 tests, alas it wasn't to be :(

Last edited:
Im a British Sikh, just like Monty. I would laugh at the comment since the Aussie was probably so drunk that if Monty had challenged him to a fight, he would have fallen over trying to stand up :p.

I have just bought myself round to post.

England have not been able to put up sustained periods of pressure in this series, we have had days where we have won comfortably, but days where we have played downright poor. Our play has been patchy and inconsistent and we don't deserve to get anything out of this series.

You could see it could go all horribly wrong the moment they picked Giles over Panesar, and Harmision bowled 'that' ball. And we were seriously undercooked.

puddleduck said:
My grandparents and parents are South African Zorax, I am however completely English, the same is true of Panesar.

Since it was buried under the weight of, to be honest quite interesting and respectful, discussion I was having with Aussie1st and at times a few others I will again bring up my own supreme awesomeness :p

I really wish I had been wrong about everything during this first 3 tests, alas it wasn't to be :(

Lol very nice pick, too bad you didn't get so money on it then ;)

Users who are viewing this thread