England in Australia

aussie1st said:
Lol very nice pick, too bad you didn't get so money on it then ;)

Tell me about it! I've missed out on a few lately due to not really having the spare cash. To go slightly off topic (ok ok a long way off topic :p ) my mate had a couple of quid on Ebdon to win the UK championship at 50-1! I was going to as well, just never got around to it :crying

Awww...Aussies winning the ashes won me some (V)Cash too, Im rolling in it now :D

I'm going to put it all (except 1) on Aussies winning the next test!

Leicetser Fox said:
England are easily number 2 in the world and number 1 when our players are fit
ok i must admit you have caught me hook,line and sinker with this comment..and unfortunately my ego is marginally too large not to take your bait...but please can you at least add a (LOL!!!) to the last part of your quote!!! :crying :happy :cheers

Leicetser Fox said:
thats not what it's about. you guys were all wanting to get players axed and ponting not to be captain.

Lol and you guys weren't?
It's only natural that people will be under the pump if they don't perform, Ponting well hes always going to be captain if we keep winning.

england no 2 with all players fit?

are you feeling ok?

so did you expect micheal vaughn to start bowling like the harmy of 2005?
and simon jones to rip through the aussies?

even if you had a fully fit squad you would be around no 3/4 close to india

when all players fit this is the ranking

aus
pak
eng/india/lanka

gambino said:

aus
pak
eng/india/lanka

Just like to bring to your attention, beat Pakistan 3-0 last series, drew 1-1 in India last series, drew 1-1 against Sri Lanka last series.

gambino said:
england no 2 with all players fit?

are you feeling ok?

so did you expect micheal vaughn to start bowling like the harmy of 2005?
and simon jones to rip through the aussies?

even if you had a fully fit squad you would be around no 3/4 close to india

aus
pak
eng/india/lanka

Lol umm he actually meant they were number 1 with all players fit, number 2 with their current squad ;)
I would add SA to 3rd place as their team on paper is as good as those other 3 teams.

wolf said:
Just like to bring to your attention, beat Pakistan 3-0 last series, drew 1-1 in India last series, drew 1-1 against Sri Lanka last series.
beat india cos indian players were badly out of form(still are)

lanka was the worst team round that time(except bangla and zimb)

you beat pakistans reserves as that side was in no way pakistans 2nd xi let alone 1st

like i said in my earlier post
"fully fit squad"

aussie1st said:
Lol umm he actually meant they were number 1 with all players fit, number 2 with their current squad ;)
I would add SA to 3rd place as their team on paper is as good as those other 3 teams.
yh knew that,

just a typo mistake

Last edited:
gambino said:
beat india cos indian players were badly out of form(still are)

lanka was the worst team round that time(except bangla and zimb)

you beat pakistans reserves as that side was in no way pakistans 2nd xi let alone 1st

Oh please.

Farhat
Hameed/Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Yousuf
Inzamam
Razzaq/Afridi
Akmal
Gul
Asif/Sami
Nazir
Kaneria

That isn't a Pakistan second team let alone first team eh? What aload of rubbish!

I could make you look really silly but we are going off topic, so can we get back on topic.

evertonfan said:
Your better off giving it up now Sureshot; There's no point feeding the troll.

Haha true, scmods or Jarryd only posts on the forum to provoke people or whinge about England, the Asian countries and Murali. Best to ignore all his posts.

Leicetser Fox said:

I very much doubt it, Australia are still number one in the world in test matches and I don't see them slipping to second place in the near future unless if all their senior players retire. Interesting read in the SMH that they have made a predicted 09 series team, I believe there were only Ponting, Hussey, Clarke, Watson, Lee and Clark remaining while England have all the players that played in the 05 and current series. However in ODI's I can see how Australia may slip to second place because the competition in ODI's are much closer than in test matches. I expect South Africa or India to take over Australia in say 1-2 years.

aussie1st said:
Lol and you guys weren't?
It's only natural that people will be under the pump if they don't perform, Ponting well hes always going to be captain if we keep winning.

I'd say Ponting will stick as captain even if the team loses say 5-10 matches straight (even though it is never going to happen). Ponting was always under the pump and always will be because of the success and clever tactics applied by the previous captains whereas Ponting pretty much uses the "obvious choice" tactics.

Manage to find the article about the 2009 teams.

AUSTRALIA
PHIL JAQUES - 30 years
CHRIS ROGERS - 31 years
RICKY PONTING (captain) - 34 years
MICHAEL HUSSEY - 34 years
MICHAEL CLARKE - 28 years
SHANE WATSON - 27 years
BRAD HADDIN - 31 years
BRETT LEE - 32 years
MITCHELL JOHNSON - 27 years
STUART CLARK - 33 years
NATHAN BRACKEN - 31 years
DANIEL CULLEN - 25 years

ENGLAND
ANDREW STRAUSS(captain) - 32 years
ALASTAIR COOK - 24 years
IAN BELL - 27 years
KEVIN PIETERSEN - 28 years
PAUL COLLINGWOOD - 33 years
ANDREW FLINTOFF - 31 years
CHRIS READ - 30 years
SIMON JONES - 30 years
SAJID MAHMOOD - 27 years
MATTHEW HOGGARD - 32 years
STEVE HARMISON - 30 years
MONTY PANESAR - 27 years

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/sha...-new-age/2006/12/18/1166290476300.html?page=2

Our team still looks like Dad's army with a number of guys over 30. English side is basically the same as the one over here so they will have a good combination come 2009.

If Read is given a chance in the last two tests and fails Sly, I expect them to give young Davies at Worcestershire a go providing he carries on his form from last year at the start of our summer. He looks our only real geniune hope of a world class batsman wicketkeeper. He's still mighty young though so his career has plenty of time to go either way.

Gambino. If that's the Pakistan second team, then the England side that went to India and drew there was also a second string team :rolleyes:

There is a reason England fans like to say we're second best test side in the world, it has something to do with only having lost to Australia in Australia and Pakistan in Pakistan over the last 3 1/2 years, and beating everyone else bar India in India. I think having been second in the test rankings for the vast majority of the time in the last year or two helps as well.

Leicetser Fox said:

Look pal, i'm sorry that you didn't get that long between 2005 and 2006 to make bold statements like this, but you can't be serious.

Leicetser Fox said:
We have a new contender for dumbest comment of the year. But in fairness everyone makes mistakes, if you'd like to burn your comments we have an urn you can put the Ashes in.

Users who are viewing this thread