England in India - Oct to Jan 2012/13

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I bet India will sweep the series 4-0. There's no way the England spinners can face the likes of Ashwin and Ojha on turning tracks. It's just a pity that England won't come during the summer of India and play in the heat. If they would have come they would've left the series halfway:lol:rolleyes

4-0 now is pretty far fetched considering Kevin Pietersen has returned for them and he must be doubly hungry to prove a point to his own team and to his own board. And he is a game changer!

I predict 2-1 in favor of India.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Why are we giving them practice against some of our best younger batsmen who have had quite a lot of international experience, and who are potential test replacements in the upcoming future?

Wish Yuvraj has another good game, and takes Raina's spot in the test squad. Though Yuvraj is not too good for tests, he is a better prospect than Raina. They want a left hander in that middle order, and so Yuvraj is the best fit.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
So can any Indian fans explain the justification for trying to charge Sky and the BBC half a million pounds for "ground entry" when they've already paid for the broadcasting rights?
As it stands neither broadcaster will be at the ground for commentary.

No other country has tried to make someone pay twice.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
BCCI is BS. Period! Tbh, it's that phase for me where passion for the game of cricket is fading. It's really very sad. I never ever thought I would say that in my life! But, these guys have just spoiled it. They really have.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm sure some BCCI apologist will be in here posting about their virtues and how everyone's just jealous they're not ruining cricket as much as the BCCI are :spy

Epic

Panel of Selectors
BCCI is BS. Period! Tbh, it's that phase for me where passion for the game of cricket is fading. It's really very sad. I never ever thought I would say that in my life! But, these guys have just spoiled it. They really have.

This. I feel like they've messed everything up within the sport in itself, ugh.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Good to see both of them wanting to get some practice before the test series.

Ranji Trophy 2012-13 : Tendulkar, Zaheer to play Mumbai's first Ranji game | Cricket News | Ranji Trophy | ESPN Cricinfo

It is also good to see selectors are giving chance to likes of Dhawan after his consistent performance in domestic cricket. Pujara is also in the Mumbai A squad, so he will get some useful practice against the English bowling attack.

England in India 2012-13 : Cheteshwar Pujara and Shikhar Dhawan included in Mumbai A squad | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

War

Chairman of Selectors
I'm sure some BCCI apologist will be in here posting about their virtues and how everyone's just jealous they're not ruining cricket as much as the BCCI are :spy

They are a bloody disgrace.

S

Satan666

England in India 2012-13 : Turning tracks for England Tests not unfair - Virat Kohli | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Why not [turning pitches]? We were given flattest of tracks during practice matches in England and Australia and then suddenly presented with a green-top during the Tests," Kohli told PTI. "During practice matches, we would face those 120kmph bowlers ? If they [England and Australia] wanted to be fair to us, they could have provided us with same kind of tracks for practice matches, like what were used in Tests.

Yeah the golden rule do unto others as you have perceived that they have done to you!

Especially, when they knew that visiting teams get very less time to practice. Now they would be playing on turning tracks and definitely would know where they stand.

spooony

Club Captain
Petersen hard at work practicing for slow left arm. That takes care of the Indian pace attack what about their spinners KP?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Petersen hard at work practicing for slow left arm. That takes care of the Indian pace attack what about their spinners KP?

He is practicing for the pie chucker.:lol:p:lol

----------

England in India 2012-13 : Turning tracks for England Tests not unfair - Virat Kohli | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Yeah the golden rule do unto others as you have perceived that they have done to you!

Especially, when they knew that visiting teams get very less time to practice. Now they would be playing on turning tracks and definitely would know where they stand.

Oh please! As if the English are saints! You do it onto us, we do it onto you.

----------

Good to see both of them wanting to get some practice before the test series.

Ranji Trophy 2012-13 : Tendulkar, Zaheer to play Mumbai's first Ranji game | Cricket News | Ranji Trophy | ESPN Cricinfo

It is also good to see selectors are giving chance to likes of Dhawan after his consistent performance in domestic cricket. Pujara is also in the Mumbai A squad, so he will get some useful practice against the English bowling attack.

England in India 2012-13 : Cheteshwar Pujara and Shikhar Dhawan included in Mumbai A squad | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Almost everyone is playing domestic games to get into the groove for the tests. Even Virat Kohli is playing a domestic game to get into test mode and prepare. Good news, this is! India's domestic cricket will get a boost again once these star international players take part again in domestic cricket. The crowds will come to see them, and domestic players can try and sneak some good performances under watching eyes, and try to stake claim for the national side.

Indian players should often play domestic cricket when they are out of the team or when they have to prepare for an international series.

Users who are viewing this thread