England In India - October 2011/12

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
If the Indians had bowled better you wouldn't have had to cheat now, would you? :)

Frankly i think as m vaughan rightly said it was england who made a fool of india,Firstly england are no saints as has been proved over the years particularly bell .It is nothing but cheating on part of bell to act as if he knew he did not do anything wrong ,anybody who has played cricket would know
basic rules of the game ,it has been a murder of rules of game which is a shame as in the first innngs broad had the guts to tell umpires to check laxman bat for vaseline and even told in the press conference he did not found anything ,england are real cheaters mate not india.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
God i just seen the runout problem with highlights as i was working when the game was on. India should have not asked for the runout it was low but they fixed it so the best thing to do is move on. I hope india fight back today because they looked so so bad yesterday and need that fighting spirit back into them or england will finish them fast. Also what do you think would have happened if india would have kept the runout. Maybe england cricket fans would have not game to the game and the news papers could have said cheats all over them. This was good for cricket and lets hope everyone moves on now. I am hoping india bat and bowl well today that would make a great finish to this test.

stefan

International Coach
I wouldn't have recalled bell. To me its his mistake and he should take responsibility. I don't see anything wrong or against the spirit of the game by upholding the appeal.

Back to the game england should win this comfortably.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Not to mention the fact that he didn't have the luxurious twenty minute break as Dhoni to overturn the decision made. This was on the spot and brilliant from Strauss's part. Ohh and do people realize that Dhoni was the one who spat an immediate 'NO' at first sight when the umpires approached him inquiring about the reversal of decision, before going for the third umpire?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I firmly believe that had it not been the end of a session and Bell had done it at the end of an over, Dhoni and the team would not have changed their mind. Credit where credit is due and don't lark on about it constantly but in Collingwood's position they would have done the same. In this instance they had the tea break to mull it over.
I don't think anyone could have sympathy if he started walking to the pavilion when it wasn't the end of a session.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I don't think anyone could have sympathy if he started walking to the pavilion when it wasn't the end of a session.
Lol.

But what if Bell started wandering to the other end to chat to Morgan, even though the umpire had not signalled a four/called Over?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
But what if Bell started wandering to the other end to chat to Morgan, even though the umpire had not signalled a four/called Over?

Different situation and one in which he should be given out. The difference with this one is that everyone had started towalk off already expecting tea and the umpire was taking out the bowlers jumper and walking towards him intimating tea. Hell, they'd even already collected the helmets and started totrudge off. A combination that to me would indicate everyone thought it was four and tea.

If he'd of just meandered off with Dhoni still at the stumps waiting the throw from the boundary and everyone still in position it'd just be out for my liking.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Four boundaries and a wicket off the first ten balls to get Day 4 underway. Awesome.
In comes England's top rungetter among lefties.

Users who are viewing this thread