England In India - October 2011/12

Same reply to you both. Explain? BCCI is definitely being run efficiently and profitably unlike other boards.

You'll be laughed at for any such suggestion that the BCCI is efficiently run. The Modi-BCCI-IPL scandal showed that it isn't.

I also hate the way you believe that profitability is a good indicator of how well a board is doing. It isn't. Cricket should be king not cash and the BCCI are a force for bad in global cricketing terms.

You'll be laughed at for any such suggestion that the BCCI is efficiently run. The Modi-BCCI-IPL scandal showed that it isn't.

I also hate the way you believe that profitability is a good indicator of how well a board is doing. It isn't. Cricket should be king not cash and the BCCI are a force for bad in global cricketing terms.

Modui-IPL scandal is over. Even if cricket was the basis, the Indian cricket team is No.1 in test and WC champons. BCCI is not doing anythign that ECB and CA did not do before 1993. :thumbs

the Indian cricket team is No.1 in test and WC champons. BCCI is not doing anythign that ECB and CA did not do before 1993.
:thumbs
I still not understand why some people blame BCCI
I must say this others board failure who don't have guts to counter BCCI
Hope BCCI continue to that

:thumbs
I still not understand why some people blame BCCI
I must say this others board failure who don't have guts to counter BCCI
Hope BCCI continue to that

I think there might be a degree of truth in what you are saying, but I assume you don't have either the intelligence or the articulacy to say what you want to say.

If other boards had the power and influence of the BCCI, they would be fools not to use it and I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't. Is BCCI unjustly powerful and does it have an unfair influence in world/ICC matters? Yes, it does. However, put any other board in the same position and they would do the exact same. It is the job of the ICC and the other boards to stand up against them. If you give someone power, they will use it. It's fair to say you lack a basic understanding of how the world runs if you don't know as much.

So, while the BCCI may be to blame for a number of issues in world cricket, the ICC and the other boards are more at fault for their lack of spine.

Last edited:
So, while the BCCI may be to blame for a number of issues in world cricket, the ICC and the other boards are more at fault for their lack of spine.

Exactly. As i mentioned before in other threads the entire world cricket is to blame for not reforming the ICC structure since end of the Kerry Packer saga 30 years ago, so that a Kerry Packer 2.0 would not arise again.

Fast forward to modern days & with Indian rise as the game power house financially. Kerry Packer 2.0 was formed with the IPL madness.

All the cricket boards should have come together years ago & revamped the ICC structurally. But they didn't now India's clout over the game is at a stage where it extremely hard to see how the ICC can be revamped.

So tomorrow is the day when we know the Indian Squad for this so desperately awaited series.

My Prediction

V.Sehwag
G.Gambhir
R.Dravid
VVS Laxman
S.R.Tendulkar
MS.Dhoni
S.Raina
C.Pujara/S.Badrinath/V.Kohli/
Z.Khan
H.Singh
M.Patel
S.Sreesanth
I.Sharma
P.Kumar
P.Patel
A.Mishra

I would drop Mishra and bring in Ashwin. Mishra has really struggled in test cricket after that debut home series vs Australia. He seems to have to work 200 times harder than anyone else to get even one wicket and even then it's doubtful whether he will.

C.Pujara/S.Badrinath/V.Kohli/

lol, Pujara's been ruled out ever since that injury he sustained during RCB's match against KTK.

I would drop Mishra and bring in Ashwin. Mishra has really struggled in test cricket after that debut home series vs Australia.

I would have Mishra solely for the history that Trott and KP boast against right arm leg spin bowlers. I mean look at KP's wicket takers of recent - Jeevan Mendis (2 in 2), Jayasuriya, Doherty, Herath, Yuvraj, lol Mishra over Ashwin anyday man! As for Trott in the WC - Bishoo, Chawla, Imran Tahir. Fair enough I suppose?

Agree with Haarithan on Mishra part and thought Pujar would have been fit by now

No Yuvraj, seriously? I don't think selectors can keep him out anymore. He deserves to get back his place after a good showing in World cup. He is a much better player over-all than Raina atm.

No Yuvraj, seriously? I don't think selectors can keep him out anymore. He deserves to get back his place after a good showing in World cup. He is a much better player over-all than Raina atm.

No way. World Cup on subcontinental wickets and test cricket in England is an entirely different kettle of fish. Raina has proved with the ongoing WI test series that he can fight his way out there and get the needed runs (even if he doesnt look great against the short balls). Yuvraj was dropped because he was poor in test cricket, and he hasnt played enough domestic cricket in tough conditions to prove himself and win a place back in the test team. But I think Yuvraj will come in for Kohli who has struggled so far in this ongoing WI tour.

This would be the 15 for England:

V Sehwag, G Gambhir, R Dravid, S Tendulkar, S Raina, VVS Laxman, Y Singh, MS Dhoni, P Patel, Harbhajan, A Mishra, Z Khan, I Sharma, S Sreesanth, P Kumar, M Patel

If they go with an extra opener, hope its Mukund instead of Vijay.

^^ vijay has got too many options. Time to drop him and give some one else a chance.

No way. World Cup on subcontinental wickets and test cricket in England is an entirely different kettle of fish. Raina has proved with the ongoing WI test series that he can fight his way out there and get the needed runs (even if he doesnt look great against the short balls). Yuvraj was dropped because he was poor in test cricket, and he hasnt played enough domestic cricket in tough conditions to prove himself and win a place back in the test team. But I think Yuvraj will come in for Kohli who has struggled so far in this ongoing WI tour.

This would be the 15 for England:

V Sehwag, G Gambhir, R Dravid, S Tendulkar, S Raina, VVS Laxman, Y Singh, MS Dhoni, P Patel, Harbhajan, A Mishra, Z Khan, I Sharma, S Sreesanth, P Kumar, M Patel

If they go with an extra opener, hope its Mukund instead of Vijay.

Hmm I am not sure about Amit Mishra. I dont think we need an extra opener for just 1 test as Sehwag will be fit from 2nd test. Parthiv could be used as makeshift opener.

Users who are viewing this thread