England in New Zealand

Maybe Bondy has passed on his mantle (at least in terms of best bowler prospects) onto Vettori.

Canterbury: van Wyk, Papps, Myburgh, Fulton, Robertson, Frauenstein, Ellis, Burson, Stewart, Davidson, Astle, Hiini, McClone (sub)
England: Cook, Mustard, Collingwood, Pietersen, Shah, Mascarenhas, Broad, Anderson, Bell, Bopara, Sidebottom, Swann, Wright (sub)

Match has started, England 107-2 in the 26th over, Cook made 51 and Mustard 22, Bell (28) and Pietersen (1) at the crease now.

This is a big series for Cook to cement his ODI place.

Cheers for the reminder

Cooks got to play in ODI's for me, he's one of only Kp,Bell, Colly and him who have hit a hundred in ODI's. England have just upped the rate KP off to a flyer!

England beat Canterbury by 34 runs

Not such a convincing performance, but they'll be happy with it anyway. Anderson stared with 5 for 47.

Luke Wright bashed 42 off 15. Bell got 79, Pietersen got 48 and as stated above Cook 51.

Myburgh for Canterbury got 87 before being runout.

Tomorrow there is a second game and Harris, Burtt and Bennett join the team.

Good performance from Canterbury,too bad Anderson was on top form.

It seems that Dan Vettori is doubtful for the ODI's against England.
Can anyone confirm this please ?

It seems that Dan Vettori is doubtful for the ODI's against England.
Can anyone confirm this please ?

I can confirm it. I posted yesterday (bottom previous page) that he was and that Patel joins the squad.

Obviously pleased with the win, but it is disappointing no one made a century. Our batsmen seem to get over 50 and get out. If it was Australia, one or two batsmen would have made 100+.

Pretty pleased with that performance. Bell, KP, Cook and Wright all did well with the bat. 42 from 15 for Wright, could he play in the ODIs?

I still don't think Mustard is good enough...

irottev said:
England beat Canterbury by 34 runs

Their last wicket fell on 244. It was a 51 run win.

Last edited:
Broad was crap, looking at stats th good thing is theres a whole ODI series before the tests so whoever performs best in that (or Harmy) wil be picked for the tests. Good start for Anderson though, looks like the conditions could suit him. Wright's got to open in the Twenty20, Cook in ODI's has the time but not in T20.

Pretty pleased with that performance. Bell, KP, Cook and Wright all did well with the bat. 42 from 15 for Wright, could he play in the ODIs?

I still don't think Mustard is good enough...

Their last wicket fell on 244. It was a 51 run win.

It was a 13 man a side game. You are wrong. The game wasn't official in any way either. Go look at cricinfo, they list it as 34 run win.

Broad got tonked, So did Jimmy, so did Swann, but he was never really going to get much going for him in NZ, not the place for Spinners.

does anyone know a website that is doing up to date scores for the warm up match thats going on at the moment ? bbc are hardly updating their site and i cant find any commentry = \

Users who are viewing this thread