England in New Zealand

Does it really matter if we won by 51 or 34? :p

A win is a win! And England won.

I wouldn't worry too much about Swann Sureshot. I think we can rely on him to perform comes the first ODI. As for Mustard, it's an interesting one. I really hope he can do something great for England in New Zealand.

Not convinced by him at all. His keeping is good, but he's done nothing in batting to convince me at all.

Wright did well, his bowling has been a bit on the back burner while his batting progressed last year. Love to see him play in the ODIs.

Broad did rubbish again but he's not going to get dropped from the ODI's unless Moores is an idiot and wants to screw up the first successful ODI side we've had in ages, good 100 from Cook too :)

It doesn't matter what amount they won by. What matters is that I am right.

Cricinfo is the best source:

Bell and Anderson star in 34-run win

Canterbury v England XI scorecard | Bulletin

Riding on a half-century by Ian Bell and a five-for by James Anderson, England started their tour of New Zealand on a positive note with a 34-run win in the warm-up match against Canterbury in Christchurch.

Scorecard: http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/nzveng/engine/current/match/300431.html

Result England XI won by 34 runs

I'm waiting until Mr-thinks-he-knows-it-all can admit he's wrong.

The NZ Cricket website has the same info.

Oh and also, if it was 11 a side, then how come all the England 13 took part in the game? All the England players who didn't bat, bowled.

Last edited:
48 off 50 is the correct one. Both Blackcaps site and Cricinfo have that down.

That BBC Scorecard is a mess lol.

ahh thanks, i ll look at the scorecard propley in the morning, im tired, im off to bed lol

Broad did rubbish again but he's not going to get dropped from the ODI's unless Moores is an idiot and wants to screw up the first successful ODI side we've had in ages, good 100 from Cook too :)

agree.broad is young n complete ODI package as he can bat also.

It doesn't matter what amount they won by. What matters is that I am right.

Cricinfo is the best source:

Scorecard: http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/nzveng/engine/current/match/300431.html

I'm waiting until Mr-thinks-he-knows-it-all can admit he's wrong.

The NZ Cricket website has the same info.

Oh and also, if it was 11 a side, then how come all the England 13 took part in the game? All the England players who didn't bat, bowled.

And how many of the Canterbury team batted? 11 wickets down wasn't it, so I presume 13. Cricket is 11 vs 11.

It was a 13 a side match, but with only 11 on the field. Its a format that England have used many a time before in warmup matches.

Meaning 13 could bat but only 11 fielders.

I know that Kev, I'm not denying that. I'm saying that cricket is 11 vs 11.

The T20 starts tomorrow. Wright and Mustard to open?

Doesn't have to be 11vs11 though, it usually is, just like football is usually 11vs11. When you play 5 a side it doesn't stop being football does it.

Can you two (Irrotev and Sursehot, not you Kev) stop bitching about the winning margin please? As a moderator Sureshot you should no better than to bicker over something as trivial as this! Irrotev is in the right I think.

I've booked a sicky from college in the morning. As far as my Lit teacher knows, i'll be in hospital.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread