England in New Zealand

Ambrose will keep. The stats they did on sky sports with English keepers highest scores in DOI's was hilarious, eery single name on the list was Alex Stewarts apart from Mustards which was a fair way down it. Ambrose had a reasonable season in FC cricket but it was in OD cricket that he did best.

Mustard's keeping is very impressive, and his batting does a job, he's just abit of a slogger, and more oftent than not gives his wicket away VERY cheaply. Luke Wright should be opening with Cook though, Wright's an aggressive, but skillful batsman who doesnt rely on slogging on a batting friendly pitch.

Lolz at Ryder; seems NZ have found their own Freddie ;P

I'm not sure Wright should open. Does he for Sussex? If not then he should definitely not be doing so. He doesn't have the skill yet to do so and has done reasonably against New Zealand down the order so why change it. Pick an opener to open. No more of this square pegs in round holes nonsense.

http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/content/blackcaps/latestblackcapsnews/11368/ryder-surgery.aspx
OR
http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/339543.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Would you believe it. Unbelievable.

Ryder is ruledout of cricket for 3 months after smashing a window with his hand.

Even the Black Caps have an official website :eek:.

This was pretty careless of him and I think the time he spends away from professional cricket serves as the best punishment for his thoughtless act.

I'm not sure Wright should open. Does he for Sussex? If not then he should definitely not be doing so. He doesn't have the skill yet to do so and has done reasonably against New Zealand down the order so why change it. Pick an opener to open. No more of this square pegs in round holes nonsense.

He opens in OD cricket for us. Only started there this season though iirc, following his T20 success.

Currently playing a 2 day game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/shared...et/scorecards/2008/2/14313/html/scorecard.stm

Strauss out cheaply and poorly. The Invitational XI contains, er, 13 players.

Lolz at Ryder; seems NZ have found their own Freddie ;P

Haha, well, i'd say he's a heck of a lot worse then Freddie. He's got a long history of stuff like this.

New Zealand Selection XI Jamie How (capt), Matthew Bell, Peter Fulton, Ross Taylor, Mathew Sinclair, Grant Elliott, Mark Orchard, Bevan Griggs, Jeetan Patel, Mark Gillespie, Iain O'Brien.

This team plays England in the second warm up after Otage made the State Shield final and can't participate.

The one positive thing to come out of NZ so far is Paul Collingwood and Owais Shah.

Them 2 look so confident when ever England are in need of a partnership, its a shame most of the other team can't do that! :rolleyes:

Shame the keepers failed. It will be Ambrose who will still get the nod I feel. Its just as KP said Mustard's keeping has been at a high standard and, although that from what I've seen Ambrose's keeping has been good when I've seen him, can he keep as good?

If Ambrose played ODI's I don't think he'd be able to open the batting, which is worrying since Luke Wright hasn't quite understood the role of how to be an attacking opener in ODI's.

The one positive thing to come out of NZ so far is Paul Collingwood and Owais Shah.

Them 2 look so confident when ever England are in need of a partnership, its a shame most of the other team can't do that! :rolleyes:

Ya Actually I am so much Impressed with Colly..although after 3-1 Colly did good job.Its just the other player did not click..Kp after all his high standards not getting it.I want something from him in Tests.
I still doubt NZ is not a good test side but If England continue their mysterious performance then who knows??/

Pietersen may not have amassed the high scores that we expect, but he has actually looked in very good touch thus far. His innings in the game we lost by 10 wickets was brilliant, up until the rain delay anyway. He certianly looked to be showing signs of getting back to his best, and i thought he played very well in every innings he played in the Odi series; he just didn't manage to go on and make a big score.

Pietersen in ODI's, average at 5, 116. Average at 4, 40. He's a test match number 4 but not an ODI imo.

He played the two series vs Zim and RSA in the 04-05 winter season and then played 4 innings at 5 vs different teams. To suggest that our best ODI batsman should bat any lower than 4 is prepostorous.

Users who are viewing this thread