England in New Zealand

No logic in this D/L..
Do we really have 12 from 4 overs?Because by D/L formula NZ already ahead by 32 runs..
Thats weired.

Game Over. Match won by NZ on D/L.

Woooo 3-1 series win. Good stuff.

Now hopefully a good test series, i'm not expecting a win. But solid performances will make me proud.

So what about bowlers?How many overs one bowler can bowl?Still 10...From past so many years Game struggling with this D/L..

Game Over. Match won by NZ on D/L.

Woooo 3-1 series win. Good stuff.

Now hopefully a good test series, i'm not expecting a win. But solid performances will make me proud.

Ya really good win for NZ.After two blow in T20 England were favorite to win but Ryder and McCullum entertained by some aggressive Cricket and changed the result with 3-1..
NZ should also not forget to say special thanks to Anderson.He has been always kind and nice to kiwis batsman..

Last edited:
Completely thoughtless bowling by Anderson. He's very lucky there isn't someone to step up to the plate because imo he is too inconsistent for someone who has his experience. 5+ years of International cricket is plenty.

Disappointing result, I wasn't expecting a series win. As I thought many underestimated them and despite our two series wins prior to this series, NZ are a stronger ODI outfit. McCullum and Ryder have been brilliant up the top and the bowlers have been good too, everyone seems to have chipped in at some point.

For England I thought Wright and Sidebottom did well. Masca had a good finish too, Cook cannot spend 70 balls scoring only 42 runs. He must improve up to a SR of 75. We need a spinner. Blackwell anyone? Thought he did okay away in India, however long ago that was.

Blackwell give some muscle to batting also.

For England I thought Wright and Sidebottom did well. Masca had a good finish too, Cook cannot spend 70 balls scoring only 42 runs. He must improve up to a SR of 75. We need a spinner. Blackwell anyone? Thought he did okay away in India, however long ago that was.

Naa, not Blackwell. We have Swann and Tredwell on the tour. Tredwell wasn't used. So what the hell was the point in taking him? Swann played two games. England really need to re-think their ODI Policy. We have to have a spinner. And bowl more people like Colly, Mascha and Wrighty.

40 from 90 odd, yeah right.

40 Odd from 90 is quite alot especially if we had taken another wicket. If we had taken the wicket of Taylor things would have been completely different. With Vettori and Mills at the crease.

As it is England have had a big wake up call of ODI's they cant just use pace and pace alone. Especially when your batting line up doesnt always fire.

This is absurd. We're going out to play 4 overs. It was a decent sized break, so now our batsmen need to re-adjust. Chances are we'll need something like 12 runs and even though it seems easy, the players won't be in. I have a bad feeling about this.

I can see us being skrewed over by the Duckworth Lewis.

Actually when they called it over, the umpires were still not sure whether it was 4 or 5 overs to play, by D/L it would've been:

4 Overs: 1 run required
5 Overs: Kiwi's already won!:D

It was the other way round, Steve.

James Anderson needs to be dropped. The guy is a liabilty. And I said at the start of the series, three front line bowlers is not enough. Can't wait until Flintoff comes back, he solves everything.

Well it was fairly obvious NZ would win the ODI's because they have a world class bowler and some good bowlers (at home) to back him up. The only reason we beat Sri Lanka was because there was no Murali.

Broad did badly but he performed in the first 3 games and to ask a 21 year old to perform in every match is a bit much and he was comfortably the best bowler in the series statistically and was also the highest averaging batsmen. I would send Luke Wright in at 3 when we lose Mustard early too.

Well Harmy never available for England..So we have Anderson leading the bowling department in Test also..Gosh!!:noway

Not that I didn't expect a defeat in the ODI's. New Zealand are a good ODI side and I think we again went into the series with the total wrong expectations. We expected to go to Sri Lanka and play them off the park, when they're a better side than us and had home advantage.

However I expect you to win the tests, NZ are a pretty weak test side, but a very accomplished ODI unit.

Not that I didn't expect a defeat in the ODI's. New Zealand are a good ODI side and I think we again went into the series with the total wrong expectations. We expected to go to Sri Lanka and play them off the park, when they're a better side than us and had home advantage.

However I expect you to win the tests, NZ are a pretty weak test side, but a very accomplished ODI unit.

'You'?

Whatever people say.I expected England to win.And specially after that two T20s.They were not lacking with any talent.They have been wonderful ODI side from series of Srilanka.It just they didn't click.
And What you Expect Colly to do when His prime bowler bowling horrible deliveries.
Anyway I think England strong Enough for Tests.
Ya too much faults from England but honestly Mc Cullum and Ryder treated with some brilliant aggression.Bowlers also bowled well from NZ side..

Users who are viewing this thread