England in New Zealand

You can not drop Collingwood to make place for Flintoff....
First of all Colly is ODI captain and It'll effect on his ODI career also(His Moral get affected by this)..
Secondly Colly has scored more runs than some of England's top rated Batsman like vaughn in last series against NZ...
Sorry third point was real awful.
Fourth is Who knows how many Matches Flintoff will play without Injury???(Means If He will injured again after come back..I can understand that chances of injuries are same for all players but Its higher for player who just had a Surgery)

Sorry Dan for Troubles...

Last edited:
Isn't Frediw a member of the forums ? :confused:

Seriously, i've tried reading that post 3-4 times and I'm still struggling to work out the majority of the points made. I know you're not English, but that's just awful, I'd read posts from KBC and Usy that are easier to read :p.

I'll make an attempt to answer the 4 points though:

1) How will dropping him from the test side affect his ODi career ?
2) Don't understand.
3) As above.
4) He shouldn't play until 100% fit, and if he is 100% fit the chance of injury as high as any other player in the side. It shouldnt be an issue if the last piece of surgery was as successful as first made out.

Last edited:
Isn't Frediw a member of the forums ? :confused:

Seriously, i've tried reading that post 3-4 times and I'm still struggling to work out the majority of the points made. I know you're not English, but that's just awful, I'd read posts from KBC and Usy that are easier to read :p.

I'll make an attempt to answer the 4 points though:

1) How will dropping him from the test side affect his ODi career ?
2) Don't understand.
3) As above.
4) He shouldn't play until 100% fit, and if he is 100% fit the chance of injury as high as any other player in the side. It shouldnt be an issue if the last piece of surgery was as successful as first made out.

I doubt Flintoff will ever be 100% fit again. Problem is that is difficult for us to gauge just how big a problem it is, because he doesn't really show it.

How about that 77* off 40 balls from Southee. Pretty amazing hitting.

Who said he couldn't bat? lol. I don't think he has the technique for long slow innings, but he can blast a few, that's for sure. Man did he smack Panesar all over the place. Anderson too. I think that really highlights why Panesar isn't used in ODI's. He's too easy to read. Southee in only his first test read him like a book. I wish Martin could have stuck in there a bit longer so we could have seen how long Southee could have gone for. What a star. Oh and also, he was using Stephen Fleming's bat. That's pretty special too. I doubt he was used to the weight and shape of it, but he still middled those sixes. We went down fighting which was good to see.

I think over-all the series was pretty close and if we had played better cricket in that 1 session where we lost 7 wickets to Sidebottom we could very well have won the series. Sidebottom 100% deserves man of the series. No one came close really.

And an ok finish to Fleming's career. At least he got his 40 average, really I was hoping he'd register 100. Better getting 2 fifties then a few ducks or failures. Unlucky to get the faintest of bottom edges on that ball too. At least we didn't get thrashed thanks to Southee and he got to witness that.

I think the turning point was Tim Ambrose' positive hundred at Wellington. 136-5 was the score when he came to the crease, from that point on we didn't look back and always had the edge over New Zealand.

I doubt Flintoff will ever be 100% fit again. Problem is that is difficult for us to gauge just how big a problem it is, because he doesn't really show it.

but everyone was saying that about vaughan at one point as he kept getting rushed back, england finally told him to bugger off and only come back when he was fully over his injurys and hes not fully fit.

flintoff has been rushed back after every injury and they have now finally told him to be fully fit befour trying to get back so lets hope it works like it did for vaughan.
i dont think fred will even be back for the next new zealnd series, they may tell him to keep playing for lancashire and try to be ready for south africa, that might be better for flintoff, and us at lancashire as well lol

I think the turning point was Tim Ambrose' positive hundred at Wellington. 136-5 was the score when he came to the crease, from that point on we didn't look back and always had the edge over New Zealand.

For sure. I know in the NZ commentary box they were calling that the knock of the series because of how it turned things around.

There have been a lot of comparisons with Matt Prior, and his test hundred last year (that was on début, this was Ambrose' 2nd game). But they were very different hundreds. Both very good knocks, but we all know that a lot of cricket is in the mind and 136-5 (Ambrose came to crease) and 363-5 (Prior) are very different situations.

Southee's innings on the 5th day was a real surprise to me, especially after watching his 1st innings. He looked completely outclassed and clueless against the pace bowlers in the 1st innings, and definitely didn't look like a number 9. Was a cracking 77* though, Jimmy Anderson got abit of a beating.

Southee's innings on the 5th day was a real surprise to me, especially after watching his 1st innings. He looked completely outclassed and clueless against the pace bowlers in the 1st innings, and definitely didn't look like a number 9. Was a cracking 77* though, Jimmy Anderson got abit of a beating.

but we knew that was coming as anderson was great in the 2nd test and never plays well in 2 test in a row!

he will destroy new zealnd in the 1 test at lords then get spanked in the 2nd at old trafford

Wow, England have won a series. Really didn't expect that after the first test. Peter Moores has done a great job so far, selections have been spot on and hasn't been afraid to make tough descions. Ambrose has to to be kept in the team, he has barely done anything wrong. I kind of agree about Flintoff coming in for Anderson, but I am not sure he will stay fit, so Hoggard will be a better bet.

We won again, wtf? Reasonable batting, I don't like Vaughan being our opener, I feel Carberry would come in and be very successful and for me Vaughan has to start making runs.

I wouldn't play Flintoff till the Saffa series and then I'd drop Jimmy.

Ya If Vaughn not gonna open the Innings then Straus is best choice..You can’t find better opener than Strauss..
Why people hate My Strauss so much??::Sad::

Users who are viewing this thread